Chapter 14

Kou is currently sitting on a bench, deeply staring on the concrete ground as his right leg anxiously shakes. Like earlier, he and Mitsuba agreed on meeting outside the mall for their proper date today. However, the pink boy is nowhere to be seen.

It's been 30 minutes... Why isn't he here yet?

He anxiously thought

Oh no... Did he get lost again? What if he did?! What if a creep got him this time?!

Fiddling with his fingers to soothe his anxiety doesn't seem to help at all. He just kept looking left and right repeatedly while his mind began to stack up the worst-case scenarios.

Argh! I should've waited until next week! If Mitsuba got in trouble because of me then I'll-

Kou's vision suddenly went dark. Not because it was suddenly nighttime or that he passed out, it was because someone enveloped their soft delicate hands on the blonde's face.

"Guess who~," The person from behind spoke in a sing-song voice

The familiar voice made Kou's nerves finally relax, "Hmm..." Kou hummed, playing along with the other boy's little game, "Is it a femboy that's 30 minutes late?" he joked, earning a hard slap on the back of his head.

"Who taught you that word?", Kou rubbed the back of his head as he looked behind him to see Mitsuba with his arms crossed. Instead of responding, he blushed while respectfully admiring his date and his choice of outfit. 

For their first official date, Mitsuba wore a black high-waist pleated flare skirt that reaches below his knees and a plain white shirt with an unbuttoned pastel pink cropped denim jacket. He even has his hair down.

"Whoa..." Kou accidentally uttered. His eyes practically sparkling and forming small hearts from how attractive the other boy is.

"I know, I know. I'm hot" Mitsuba bragged with a smug grin, and a hidden blush, on his face, "But you're surprisingly charming as well, egghead"

For Kou, he wore simple yet nice clothes. He wore a plain black t-shirt with an unbuttoned blue long-sleeved flannel shirt over it and cuffed jeans. This typical outfit made Mitsuba chuckle a bit.

"It really suits you" He added.

After slapping himself out of nowhere, which made the pinkette flinch, Kou finally escaped the deep trance he was in. He would love to continue admiring Mitsuba but it's dating time.

He stood up and smiled at the other boy, "Looks like you're paying everything, right, Mitsuba?" he said while playfully nudging Mitsuba.

"Oh wow, the mall looks really nice today," Mitsuba said, completely ignoring Kou's word as he strolls away, "Hurry up unless you want to be dateless"

"Hey! Not fair, we made a deal!" Kou complained as he ran next to Mitsuba.

Mitsuba patted down his pockets and said, "Whoops! Looks like I left my wallet at home" he shrugged.

Kou just rolled his eyes and accepted it. He did save a ton of money to treat Mitsuba after all. 

As they peacefully walk to the mall, Kou took a small peek at Mitsuba's hand. They've held hands before but that was when they haven't confessed to each other. Now he wants to know if it'll feel different. 

Kou may be curious, but he doesn't want his date to feel uncomfortable. So he slightly brushed his hand against Mitsuba's, silently asking for permission to hold it.