Chapter 17

Wake up

"Big brother! Wake up!" Tiara tugged her brother's blanket back and forth repeatedly but she only received a quiet snore as a response. She furrowed her eyebrows and pouted.

She has no school today and Teru said she can stay at their school so she won't be home alone, however, she must stay in the student council's room no matter what. She doesn't mind though, she'll just bring her pet Mokke that Teru gave her.

Tiara pondered for a moment. What should she do to wake up her brother in the most interesting way?

An idea popped inside her tiny head as a toothy grin appeared on her face. Tiara carefully climbed on her brother's bed and went to the edge of it. She stood up and looked down at the sleeping boy. She bent her knees and brought her arms close to her body, preparing to take a huge leap.

Then, she launched herself forward while exclaiming, "WAKE UP~!"

Have you ever felt the pain when someone or something heavy falls on top of you? Or the shocking feeling when you fell from a dream? Well, poor little Kou felt both at once but it felt much, much worse.

Heh, what an exciting way to begin the day.

"Good morning big brother~!" Tiara greeted as if she didn't deflate Kou like a balloon.

Kou shakily and sharply inhaled as if he was sucking back his soul. With a pained voice, he wobbly smiled and greeted his dear sister, "T-Tiara... Good morning..."

._._._._._._._._.

"Why do you keep rubbing your belly?" Mitsuba asked. He noticed that Kou kept palming his abdomen while they were doing morning duties. He also has faint dark circles under his eyes. And of course, the pinkette took this opportunity to tease him, "Aww~ Is our idiot on his period?"

Kou quickly shot him a tired glare while he waters the plants, "You're the one that's always moody," He grumbled before sighing, "Tiara used me as a trampoline earlier."

An image of a chibi Tiara giggling and jumping on a trampoline with Kou's face popped inside of Mitsuba's head made him burst into laughter, "A 'mighty' exorcist like you can't even handle a small little girl?"

"Hey! Handling apparitions is way different from handling siblings!" Kou stomped his feet while angrily placing the plastic watering can beside the pots. He stared at the plants for a moment before sighing.

The blonde walked towards his desk and sluggishly sat down. He laid his arms on the wooden table and nestled his forehead between it. Kou looks a bit grumpy, no, he is grumpy. It's normal to feel grouchy or off from time to time but Mitsuba can't help but feel worried.

"Psst...! Over here, young Mitsuba," A hushed voice called out.

Mitsuba sighed and turned his head to face the pocket mirror on his table. The small mirror was open and inside of it was a tiny raven with red eyes, "Good morning, dear apprentice," he greeted, "Looks like you were right, I can access this small mirror you brought. However, when it's outside the school's area, I can no longer reach you."

"Why do you sound like that?" Mitsuba asked with an amused face as he sat on a chair and brought the pocket mirror closer, "Is the mirror's size affecting your voice? You sound like Alvin the chipmunk."

"Hush, young man, you shall not compare me with some lowlife critter," Karasu spoke with his usual deep voice- actually, he's been talking normally this whole time. Looks like communication through the tiny mirror really does affect his voice.