𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 || 𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐃𝐚𝐲 𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 (𝐏𝟐)

Start from the beginning

"Hey! You look surprisingly happy." Alice exclaimed, laughing.

"I am! Look at this beautiful necklace Edward gave me. Isn't it just perfect?" You said, dreamily. Before Alice could answer, the loud speakers screeched for a moment before the music fully paused.

"Excuse me everyone! Make sure you're turning in the votes for the Valentine's Dance King and Queen! Write your class and votes on the card then slide it into the ballot box. We'll be announcing the winners in one hour!" Ashley explained. She strutted off the stage and back to her little minions.

You and Edward walked to the ballot box and slid your votes in through the opening. You voted for Alice and Jasper and assumed that Edward did too. Considering there weren't many more public couples you were aware of.

You and the Cullens' talked all night. You were having fun, eating junk food and making jokes with your friends, you'd completely forgotten you were at a dance. Your sentence was interrupted by the blaring speakers once again.

"All right everyone. The moment you've all been waiting for... The Forks High School Valentine's Day king and queen are... Ashley Freeman and Edward Cullen! Will the two of you please come up on stage to claim your crown?" Ava asked, clapping along with the rest of your peers. You heart sank and you blinked repeatedly holding back tears, in fear of ruining your perfectly sculpted makeup. Ashley rushed on the stage and motioned for Edward to come up. When Edward got on stage you turned to Jasper and asked how Edward felt.

"He's nervous, embarrassed. He doesn't want to be up there. He's... confused." Jasper whispered to you. You sighed as Ashley placed the crown on Edward's head.

Suddenly, Alice ran up onto the stage. People started muttering things to each other and whispering really loud.

"Ahem! I just re-counted the votes! It's been rigged. The real queen is y/n l/n!!" Alice explained. Everyone gasped including you and Ashley glared at Alice and stomped over to Izzy, who had counted the votes.

"You're supposed to get rid of the evidence after you commit a crime! You're so stupid." Ashley whisper-shouted.

"I'm sorry, Ash, but Alice came over so quickly and just knew! I don't know how." Izzy replied. Ashley scoffed and ripped the crown off her head. She threw it on the ground and stormed out of the gym.

"So, if the real queen could come up on stage. We'd like to present you with your crown!" Alice smiled. You nervously walked on stage. You turned to the crown and all eyes were on you. Edward placed the tiara on your head and you smiled, relieved.

"Congratulations Edward Cullen and y/n l/n! We gift you with a slow dance you must do in front of everyone!" Alice exclaimed. Your eyes widened in fear and Edward took your hand. He walked you off the stage and to the empty space on the dance floor. You nervously looked at everyone around you and took a deep breath.

"Just pretend no one is here. It's just you and me. In the moment." Edward explained. You nodded. Edward positioned his hand on your waist and you rested your arms on his shoulders. Your eyes were fixed on his. It was just like back when you had an immature crush on him. Your stomach was full of butterflies and you felt like you were floating on clouds. As you danced, you never broke eye contact with Edward. And everything felt perfect.

"I know we're in front of the whole population of our school right now, but I can't hold it in anymore." As Edward spoke you watched his lips move. His voice was as alluring as a siren to a fisherman. It was so soft and soothing, yet so captivating. You could listen to his delicate voice for hours on end and you'd never get sick of it.

"Y/n, I love you." Edward said. He'd finally said it. The most powerful, enchanting three words.

"I love you too, Edward." You kissed him and nothing felt more amazing than what you were feeling in that moment. You gripped his back tightly and he lifted you up as if you were a feather. His cold lips clashing your warm lips created a temperature so perfect you didn't want to let go. The world around you felt silent and all you could feel was his energy. When your lips were touching his you felt complete and all the parts of you that felt empty were filled. Your hands were on the back of his head, fingers almost tangled in his hair.

The song ended and you remembered that you were in front of everyone. You looked around at the teenagers surrounding you and they were all staring in awe at your mature relationship with Edward. You dragged him out of the circle and outside of the gym.

It was cold out. Not raining. Yet. Just cold. Edward came close to you trying to warm you up somehow, but that didn't work. Edward sighed at the thought of not being able to keep you warm.

"Y/n, we should go back inside if you're getting cold." Edward said, slightly tilting his head, staring at you.

"No, no, I really needed to get out of that gym." You replied, shivering. Edward looked away in hopes of seeing you cold, would go away. But your chattering teeth got to him.

"Let's at least sit in the car. I can't stand seeing you cold." Edward said. You got into the usual passengers seat and stared at Edward.

"What?" He asked, smiling.

"You're going to completely disregard what you said back there?" You answered.

"No, I just wanted to make you bring it up first." Edward laughed. "I meant it y/n, I love you. So much."

"And I love you too. But you probably already knew that with your mind reading abilities." You laughed.

"It's a bless and a curse." Edward replied, watching the groups of students walk out of the gym to go home.

"What do you mean?" You asked.

"Well for one thing I have the lovely gift of reading your thoughts, but then there's people like Ashley, Izzy, Ava, and- my god, Jessica Stanley. She comes with the most repelling, judgmental, rude, and gross thoughts. I can't stand being with the students for more than an hour at a time. It's physically and mentally draining to hear their thoughts." Edward shuttered at the thought. You threw your head back laughing.

"Well, I'm so sorry that you have the superpower that most people choose in 'would you rather'." You said, sarcastically. Edward rolled his eyes, hiding a smile. He backed the car up and headed down the main road towards your house. You yawned at looked at the time for the first time in a while. The clock on Edward's car read 12:34 AM. You groaned and leaned your head on your hand which was uncomfortably resting on the car door. You closed your eyes and tried to get some form of rest within the seven to ten minute drive home. Most things in Forks were close. Nowhere in town took more than fifteen minutes to drive. You liked that about Forks. You felt relieved when the car pulled up in front of your house.

You quietly opened the front door, trying not to wake your father. He was half asleep on the couch when you walked in. He was pretty obviously trying to wait up for you but was too tired. You waved to him and whispered goodnight.

When you got to your bedroom you changed out of your dress but were too tired to take off your makeup. You collapsed onto your bed and felt relieved as your body touched the cold sheets. You pulled the blanket over your shoulders and waited for Edward to come in. He didn't.

"Edward, are you coming in?" You mumbled, clearly too tired to think.

"I want you to get a good nights sleep. So I should go home." Edward replied, opening the window.

"No, Edward please stay. I can't fall asleep without you next to me. Pretty pleaseee, with a cherry on top." You were so tired you were practically delirious. Edward closed the window and climbed into the covers. You nestled close to Edward, as usual and fell asleep like that. Edward kissed your head and watched you shift and twist around your bed in delight.