Chapter 14: Two Things

lv2bweird... you're my 100th fan!   Enjoy..

********************************************************

Recap chap 13:

“What do we do until then?” He questioned skeptically. He was worried; worried that we would have been discovered and worried that we wouldn’t have had the will to wait. I can’t have said that I blamed him.

“We go along with the plan. You stay my secret boyfriend and try not to get too carried away.” I explained with a sigh.

That may have been easier said than done. Teenage hormones, whether human or partly human, were hard to ignore and even harder to deny.

********************************************************

Chapter 14: Two Things

Lianna POV

It had been a few months since my first meeting with the stalker and nothing had really changed. My dad and Ronan had sent search parties out after my psycho stalker, but to no avail. It was hard to have found someone when the only description was dark hair, darker eyes and a scar on the left eyebrow. Way to be descriptive Lia! Of course Ezra had seen him too, but only from afar that first night in the pub and he had weak human eyes, so no help there.

I had gotten the occasional creepy note left on my bed but it was anonymous. I knew it was from him by the way he addressed me as ‘sexy’. He always used the same word when he talked to me or left me a note. It made me shudder and I felt nauseated that he crept past security and made it into my room so easily. It was almost like he had an ‘inside man’ or woman. I guessed it could have been either one, but maybe I was paranoid.

This creep must have worked alone. He hadn’t struck me as the type to rely on others. A knock at my door startled me from my thoughts about the creepy stalker who had been in my room. I answered it reluctantly and found Ezmeralde, a servant girl about my age. She was the one who knew Ezra. I wondered how well they knew each other and felt a pang of jealousy toward her. After all, she was human and he was human. What if he left me for some human girl? How could I ever have lived with that?

“Hey Ezmeralde, what’s up?” I questioned politely while shed bowed in reverence. I hated that. I wanted to have been considered a normal girl, not a princess.

“Your presence is requested by the King. He wants you to meet him in his study. Good day Princess Lianna.” Just as fast as she spit the words out, she was gone.

I figured this must be about my creepy vampire stalker again. What else could it have been? I was uneasy to have been going to this meeting without Ezra. He was my rock and I needed him now more than ever. I made my way to my dad’s office, knocked on the heavy mahogany door and waited. After a few seconds, I let myself in. What else could I have done? I was an impatient teenager.

“What’s up dad? I heard you wanted to see me.” I asked, genuinely curious and interested in what he may have said. My dad smiled a real smile. I hadn’t ever seen one of those except when I was dreaming. Huh, that was very interesting.

“Yes, I needed to talk to you about some things.” He responded a bit uneasily.

“Okay, what is it?” I replied just as uneasily. It seemed that he was worried and I had no idea as to why that was. This was going to be bad, very bad.

“There are two things, and I’m not sure how you’re going to feel about either one of them Angel.” My dad’s nervousness hit me, followed by a faint feeling of hope.

I guessed that this was not about my stalker. But what else could it have been? Had he figured out about Ezra and me? Maybe Ronan tipped him off after our talk yesterday. I really hoped that wasn’t the case. I hated to lie to them, but it was necessary. I had the feeling deep within me, that if they knew about us being together, then they would have made us break up. And there was nothing I wanted more than to have been with Ezra forever.