Chapter 11: I've Waited a Very Long Time

So, yesterday was my birthday & I had such an awesome day that I wanted to share my joy with an upload!!

My WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL husband got me tickets to see 30 seconds to Mars... who I abso-freaking-lutely LOVE! Jared Leto is so hot it is indescribable & inconcievable to think of such hotness :) Anywho ...

Enjoy, Comment & most of all Vote... cause I know you want to click that button  right there

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<  Crissy  =:)

*****************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 11: I’ve Waited a Very Long Time

Liana POV

All around me people swirled to the haunting melody of a gentle waltz. Swarms of bodies twirled in synchronization. I glanced around and my eyes fell on my father, the King. He looked handsome in his tuxedo with his smooth black hair that fell freely down his back. He was engrossed in conversation with a genuine happy smile, one that I had never before seen on his face.

Before him stood a woman. From the back, I only made out her straight blond hair. It fell casually just above her shoulders. My father laughed boisterously and gently held her hand. Again, I had never seen him act in such a way, not ever.

Suddenly all grew dim and my surroundings blurred. The once content dancers now moved in a creepy, hypnotized death march, like puppets. Even with my vampiric sight, barely anything was visible. Only two blue ominous orbs burned into mine from the shadow of the tree line. I realized that I was in the forest. My skin crawled at the sight of those eyes. I felt overwhelming fear, not only from myself, but from the innocent I so desperately protected.

I blinked and the eyes were upon me, only inches from my own. A stabbing pain ripped through my stomach. My hands fumbled down to the origin of the agony. When I pulled them away, I saw blood. Dark red stained the stark contrast of pale skin. Movement flashed around me that I could not have registered. The last thing I felt before it all darkened was the pain and loss of the innocent that I had failed to protect.

My eyes snapped open and wetness covered my forehead. A heaviness crushed me to the bed. In the brightness of the sun I discovered what pinned me down. It was Ezra. His warm arms wrapped comfortingly around me. I needed him now more than ever. He grumbled and stirred beside me as I curled deeper into his serene embrace.

His body emanated calm, as he was unable to block me in his sleep. I wondered if he was aware that even in unconsciousness he fought hard to have soothed and protected me. My movements awakened him and he shook the sleep from his mind.

“Another bad dream beautiful?” He questioned before he lightly pressed his lips to my cheek.

“Are you sure you’re not some freaky human who can read minds?” I asked, tried hard to bury the remnants of the dream deep within me.

“No, you know I can’t. But there are times when I wish I could.” He commented with a look that seemed as though he was working out a very hard puzzle. We needed a subject change to erase the slight awkwardness that suddenly arose between us.

“So… did you have anything you wanted to say to me?” I asked expectantly. After all, it was my birthday, so where were my birthday wishes?

“I said everything I needed to say last night. Do you remember?” He raised his eyebrows and flashed a sexy smile. God, why must he have done that? It was so hard to have resisted. I fought hard against my desire to succumb to his sexiness.