Chapter 22: Secrets and Discoveries

Sorry it took so long... so please read, comment & vote. I made up for the wait with a little sex scene & a big surprie =D

****************************************************

Chapter 22: Secrets and Discoveries

Pass22 clean

Chapter 22: Secrets and Discoveries

Lianna POV

I stood silently in the darkness in front of my mother’s gravestone just like so many other times before. It was incredibly dark, even to my acute vampire vision. But I managed to decipher a figure just off in the distance. He was taller and considerably older than me, but also familiar. The ghost like man glided toward me effortlessly. I was not afraid, but comforted by his presence.

“I have a gift for you.” The white haired man said before he placed an ivory envelope in my unsteady hand. Confused, I stared at it first, and then returned my eyes to him. This was the second appearance he had made to me, but why had he appeared at all?

“What is this?” I inquired, a bit excited. I felt that this one letter held the key to all of the mystery that surrounded this man and my undiscovered secrets.

“It is what you’ve been searching for. The answers you seek lie within those pages.” The white haired man spoke gently. The aura of emotion around him told me that he meant me no harm. He exuded peace and wisdom. I felt his intentions toward me and they were nothing but honorable. He was a truth-teller and a wise sage. Perhaps this letter unlocked the enigma that was Lianna Evangeline Cardonis.

I raised my eyes to meet his, but he had dissolved into mist that quickly dissipated in the gentle breeze. Curious, I opened the worn and aged envelope, only to have been surprised by its contents. It was a letter addressed to my grandfather Stefan, written in a pristine hand and signed by none other than Lia LeClaire, my grandmother and his wife.

What answers could these worn pages have possibly afforded me that would have untangled the mystery of my gifts and uniqueness?

My eyes scanned the pages readily, but what I hadn’t expected to find there was a shocking secret that not even my mother was aware of. I stared in disbelief at the words scrawled across the weathered pages. Why? That was my only thought. Why had she done it and why had my gramps never admitted to knowing about it. My mother’s life was a lie, thereby making my entire life into yet an even greater lie. Hadn’t I been lied to enough by those who claimed to have loved me?

I peered meekly into the darkness, searched for the white haired man who I knew had all of the answers to my questions. Suddenly, I was not alone. I saw ominous shadows and threatening pairs of both blue and very dark eyes that were ready to devour me. Pain ripped through me and my hands instinctively fell to the gaping wound on my body. I trembled with fear and agony as those deceitful globes descended upon me. Soon after, my entire body shook relentlessly.

My eyes snapped open violently, only to close again when met by the brightness of the morning sun. Warm and soothing hands shook my shoulders gently and I peeled my heavy eyelids back to greet him.

“You were having a nightmare beautiful. I didn’t want to wake you, but you were screaming and shaking so much that it scared me. I felt your torment, you pushed it on me. Are you alright?” Ezra questioned with deep distress. His features were the picture of concern.

“I’m fine. It was just a dream.” I murmured hesitantly, but a very real dream it was. Whether it was a nightmare, a vision or a combination of both was uncertain, but I was committed to finding the answer. In the depths of my mind, I knew who held the key to this puzzle… the white haired man, Lazarus.