Chapter 17: Are You Trying to Get Me Thrown in the Dungeon

**smiles for a super long chapter**

**********************************************

Chapter 17: Are You Trying to Get Me Thrown in the Dungeon

Ezra POV

I paced the garden until a shallow path was engrained there by the heaviness of my footfalls. I had no idea what went on between them. What she had said or what he had done. I shouldn’t have been worried or jealous, but how could I not have been? The girl I loved was alone with her fiancé.

I trusted Lia completely. I knew she never would have betrayed me willingly, at least not so soon. It was him I hadn’t trusted. He seemed like a pleasant, polite and honest guy, but he was a vampire and not all of them could be trusted. Something about him was sketchy and I hadn’t trusted him for one second. It hadn’t mattered that he had Xavier and Ronan’s approval, he hadn’t fooled me.

I paced nervously a while longer as my anxiety had gotten the better of me. Had he tried to touch her, to kiss her? It drove me mad, the twisted thoughts that rattled in my mind. I was consumed by doubt and worry, until I heard the sweetest voice imaginable.

“Ezra! Thank God.” She nearly screamed as she hurled herself toward me and lunged into my arms, knocked us both to the ground. She was racked with panic when she gazed into my eyes, but relief washed over her as she greedily kissed me and trailed her mouth all over my face.

“What the hell Lia? What is going on? Did he hurt you?” I questioned as I tried to figure out what plagued her. If he had harmed her, I would have killed him myself.

“I felt… I thought…” Her words came out in quiet broken squeaks because she had spoken between repeated kisses to my lips. I was worried over her behavior, but more worried over the fact that she laid on top of me and practically made out with me in a high traffic area of the garden.

We would surely have been seen if she hadn’t stopped her assault on me. Not that I wanted her to have stopped, because I rather enjoyed it. And not that she hadn’t gotten me hard by the way she desperately squirmed on top of me without her notice, but I hadn’t wanted to die just yet, and I wasn’t certain how the rules applied to Lia. I would certainly have been punished by the way my hands caressed her body just then.

“Beautiful, I love you, but get off me before someone sees us.” I urged her in a convincing tone. I hadn’t wanted her to have moved one inch. But what I wanted and what was best were two different things. What if her fiancé had seen us? Surely he would have told Xavier or Ronan and that would have meant trouble for the both of us.

She reluctantly moved from me. I stood up and pulled her with me to a more private area that was concealed by trees and shrubbery.

“Are you going to tell me what that was all about?” I questioned intently. I waited for her response but she was hesitant and skeptical.

“I… I felt that you were hurt and I thought that something happened to you.” She spoke slowly as though she hadn’t believed the words her mouth formed. She felt something about me when I was so far away from her? Perhaps her gifts had transformed into something more powerful than we had all expected. But I was fine, so why had she felt differently? She needed my reassurance. I saw it in her captivating eyes.

“I’m fine beautiful. Please don’t worry about me, it’s unnecessary.” I pleaded with my eyes. I lowered my walls and built up calmness. I channeled it to her. I was good at it by now.

I saw that it worked when a serene smile crept onto her face. I embraced her tightly, loved the feel of her slightly cooler skin against mine. I leaned in and moved my mouth against hers, which may have been the wrong thing to have done since I was attempting to have calmed her down, not gotten her excited. Usually she got heated after a kiss like that, which was entirely the opposite of the effect I wanted. I couldn’t have helped myself though, I needed her desperately.