𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧 || 𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐃𝐚𝐲 𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 (𝐏𝟏)

*February 10th*

You walked into Forks High School and it was all decorated with red, pink, and white hearts. There was a large sign by the entrance of the school that labeled "Forks High School's Annual Valentine's Day Dance!" It would be held in the school gym on February 14th. You walked past the crowd of people buying tickets. When you walked into your math class Edward was sitting in his usual spot. Back row, to the very far left of the class. And you sat right next to him.

"Good morning, y/n." Edward smiled.

"Morning, Edward." You replied, gazing at his eyes.

"Ahem. Mr. Cullen, Ms. l/n!" Mr. Smith said, sharply. You cleared your throat at looked down at your shoes.

"My apologies, Mr. Smith." Edward said, taking out his textbook.

"Please turn to page 244." Mr. Smith explained sitting back down at his desk.

Suddenly, Edward lightly kicked your leg. You turned to him and he handed you a note.

Thinking about the dance, are you? It read.

Ugh, this whole mind reading thing is totally unfair on my part. You wrote back.

Haha, well, we can talk about it at lunch. :) Edward wrote.

Okay. Lunch. You answered handing him the little sticky note. Izzy turned around and saw you. She immediately raised her hand. You rolled your eyes.

"Excuse me, Mr. Smith? I saw y/n passing notes to Edward." Izzy said. She turned around and flashed you a nasty grin. Mr. Smith groaned and stood up.

"Care to read the note out loud, Mr. Cullen?" Mr. Smith asked.

"It says, "Okay. Lunch." that's all." Edward answered blankly. He clenched his jaw in embarrassment. You couldn't read his thoughts, obviously, but you knew he didn't like to talk to anyone, and especially hated being put on the spot. He was very introverted, as were you. Edward turned to you and you gave him a sympathetic smile as you shrugged. The bell finally rang and your next two classes went by slower than ever.

It was finally lunch and you sat down with Edward and Alice at the usual table.

"Sooo, the dance is coming up!" Alice said, breaking the silence with her happy energy.

"I know, but Edward doesn't go to those, I heard." You said, looking at him.

"Well that was until I got a girlfriend. I think you'd be pretty bitter when it comes to dances if you didn't have anyone to go with for over one hundred years." Edward joked.

"So, you've completely forgotten the fact that literally every single girl in this school would kill to go to the dance with you?" You replied.

"Well, the thing is, I didn't want to go with them." Edward replied, smiling.

"So, you're problem is that you're picky?" You laughed.

"Picky, but I picked you." Edward said kissing you.

"I love you guys, but this PDA is getting nauseating." Alice laughed.

"Sorry!" You replied. Edward turned over to Ashley's table and you felt Edward getting angry.

"Edward, ignore them. Whatever they're thinking, it doesn't matter." You said, taking his hand. Ava whispered into Ashley's ear and they winked at Edward. Now you were getting mad.

"Let's go." Edward muttered, standing up. You walked away with Edward and Alice went to the table where Jasper, Emmett, and Rosalie were sitting.

"What were they thinking about me?" You asked walking the halls with Edward.

"Nothing you need to know. But we're going to that dance." Edward said pulling out a five dollar bill. He handed it to the lady at the office and she gave him two tickets.

"Okay, well, I'm gonna need to take Alice shopping with me to get a dress." You explained.

"Alright, see you tonight." Edward said, walking away. You walked into the science room and sat next to Alice.

"Good news! We're going dress shopping today! Right after school, if that's okay with you." You explained, excitedly.

"Yes! Absolutely. I'm sure we can get Edward to finish the project. He'd probably do anything if you asked him to." Alice exclaimed, laughing. You shook your head smiling and talked the whole class with Alice.

At the end of the day, Emmett dropped you and Alice off at the dress store.

You walked into the store and gawked at the the beautiful dresses to choose from. Alice gasped and pulled you to the very back of the store. She pointed a a beautiful light pink ball gown. It looked like a Disney Princess could have worn it.

"Woah, I love that one." You turned over the tag and sighed.

"What's matter?" Alice asked.

"It's way out of my price range. I'll go find another one." You explained, walking away.

"Y/n, don't worry. I'll cover it." Alice smiled.

"What? No way!" You replied.

"Yes way. I'm sure you'll find a way to pay me back. Perhaps a breakfast at Carver Cafe!" Alice giggled. You smiled and nodded.

"Well, go try it on!" Alice exclaimed. You took the dress off the rack and walked into the change room. After a couple minutes you called Alice to make sure she was there. You slowly opened the fitting room door and nervously walked out. Alice's jaw dropped.

"Yes! And it fits perfectly! I love it, I love it, I love it! I love the color, the sparkles, the detailing, and especially you in it!" Alice exclaimed. You laughed and spun around.

Thirty minutes later, you arrived home and again, Edward slipped in your window.

"Am I ever gonna get some alone time?" You asked sitting down at your desk.

"I'm soooo sorry for missing you, y/n." Edward replied, sarcastically, sitting down on your bed. "If you want, I'll go."

"No! Don't go. I just have some homework to do. I don't want you to get bored." You said, taking out your notebook.

"Bored? With you? Never." Edward replied, coming up behind you. He put his hands on your shoulders and then gave you a hug from behind.

"You're distracting me!" You laughed.

"I can do that work for you later!" Edward exclaimed.

"See, then if you did the work, I wouldn't learn the material, then I'd fail the test which would lead to failing the exam which would lead to failing the class, which would lead to-" You rambled.

"You worry to much. Just live in the moment." Edward said pulling your rolling chair away from your desk.

"Well, I have to succeed! I don't live forever like you do." You sighed. Edward looked down. "I'm sorry."

"No, no, don't worry about it. But for now, just, come here." Edward replied. You came over to your bed and sat beside Edward.

"I can't wait to show you off at the dance on Friday." Edward smiled.

"It's the other way around." You laughed. Edward rolled his eyes.

"I'm gonna get ready for bed." You said.

"Okay. I'll wait here." Edward replied. About ten minutes later you got into bed and fell asleep beside Edward, thinking about the dance.

AUTHORS NOTE- dance is next chapter! v v excited. also plz dont forget to vote and comment! love u :)