Chapter 22: Forever Stalked

"Is he still even coming?" Sophia asked squeezing my hand.  I know she was only asking if Ben was still coming on Rachel's behalf. Lately I didn't really really talk to Ben after he got sick.  He was out school for two days, and when he came back he didn't say much to me or Jazz. Whenever I called or asked was he gonna stay the night at my place, he would says that he is busy.  

"I called him like an hour ago, he said he was coming." Well he really said he didn't know if he was gonna make it because of family.  If he didn't show up Rachel was gonna leave. And if she left that meant Diana was gonna leave too.  Jazz was gonna leave if she felt like the third wheel next to me and Sophia. Honestly I wasn't ready to go a solo date with her. Just the thought of it made my heart beat a mile a minute.  

"Well I'm going to get my ticket before the movie starts with out us." Jazz said. Jazz looked annoyed with me.  I had begged her to come along, I even gave her ten dollars just to come.  We followed behind her to the ticket booth.  I wanted to see Equalizar I was outnumbered and had to buy tickets for The Hunger Games: Mocking Jay. The only reason Jazz agreed to see was to piss me off.  

"So what movie are we gonna go see?" I turned around in the line to see Ben standing there.

"You look like shit." Jazz said to him. She was right, he looked like he hadn't slept in days. He looked pretty pale. If I didn't know any better you would think he was drugs.

"Haven't been sleeping too well." Ben's voice sounded groggy like he had just woke up from a deep sleep. I focused all my energy on him. Normally I could break into his thoughts easily. Once I was, it was all foggy. It was like part of his day was missing. From what I could see clearly, it was just normal things he always did.  

"And you haven't been returning calls either." Jazz said to Ben. Ben looked at her and both of them locked eyes for a second.

"Well, I've busy with stuff." I took a step forward in the line. I was glad Sophia wasn't paying attention. I kind of felt bad that I eased dropped on her thoughts. But it was the only way, to make sure she didn't hear anything she wasn't suppose.

"Busy?" I asked Ben. "You've been busy a lot lately. Is something going on that we should know about?"  His eyes then turned to mine.

"Just family stuff okay, let it go. We are suppose to be having fun." Ben wasn't acting like himself. Right now wasn't the best time to get farther into the topic. When I reached the front, I got my ticket for the crappy movie I didn't want to see. Not only did I get talked into a movie I didn't want to see. But I got talked into buy pricey  snacks and drinks that I didn't want to pay for. If this what it was like to go on a date, then some time soon I need to find a job.  We got inside the theater, where the movie had looked to be starting. Great, I missed the previews. To me, the previews where the key elements into the making a great movie night.  Myself, Jazz and Sophia got seats away from Ben, Diana and Rachel.  We were watching the movie when I felt like I was being watched again.  This had to stop. This was becoming more and more often. Even when I was at school.  I tried to relax myself in my seat, my fangs always came out when I got angry. I still haven’t got the hang of them yet.

“You feeling okay?” Sophia whispered in my ear. Her warm breath tickled my neck just a little. Having her that close to me made me excited. “Your hand is really cold.”  Had my temperature changed and not noticed?

“Yeah, I think it’s just nervousness.” I whispered back to her. We both turned back to the movie. I turned around once and saw Ben making out with Rachel. Dianna was texting on her phone.  Jazz seemed to really into the movie. God I was hungry. I had two bags of blood yesterday, or was it today.  My throat felt dry, so got damn dry. Ignored it, now wasn’t the time for this. I took a sip of the cold soda in my other hand. That didn’t work. My senses started to open up on their own. I could hear every single heartbeat in the theater. I could hear different movies playing, sounds of people whispering. I could hear the blood rushing around inside of Sophia. I wanted to snatch her up my arms and bite her neck. I could do it too. I could just force my thoughts on to her. Get her to follow me outside. Somewhere dark in the parking lot. Drink her blood from her arm, her jacket would cover up. Make her think she feel asleep or something.  I blinked twice and realized what was going on. I had let my mind go too far.  I was thinking about hurting her. No no no. I was never doing that to Sophia. I gently squeezed her hand and smiled at her.  

Once the movie was over, I knew the person was still there.  They followed us the restaurant we went too. At this point it was hard to say who they were watching. I was growing tired of being watched. The only time I didn’t feel as if I was being watched was sometimes at school or when I was home. I kissed Sophia good night and we took the bus home. I was still keeping my eye on Ben. He was still acting a little odd. Every now and then he was staring off into space.

“So are just gonna ignore whatever this is following us, cause it’s pissing me off.” Jazz said flashing her sharp wolf teeth at me

“We’re being followed?” Be asked snapping out his thoughts.

“We have been since the movies.” I was annoyed myself. I was hungry and ever think was starting to annoy me. “I’m going to find whoever it and beat the hell of them.”  

“What’s with you?” Jazz asked me.

“I’m fucking hungry, I need blood.” I looked at Ben.

“Just a little okay,” Ben rolled up his sleeve. Before Ben could get to sleeve up I grabbed his arm and bit down. I locked my eyes on his and forced him to see what I wanted him to see. His heart relaxed and I let go. I tore the corner of my shirt and wrapped it around his arm.

“That fucking hurts.” Ben said. I could my brain opening up.

“The holes should close up in a few hours. Just don’t poke at it.” I could feel them and they weren’t alone. “It’s two of them. It’s two male, their vampires.” I looked around scanning the roof tops.  “I can’t pinpoint them. “

“I can.” Jazz went into the bush and tossed her cloths over. When she came out a large brown wolf appeared.  Had to suck that your clothes didn’t transform with you. Sadly she wouldn’t have to track them, they were getting closer to us.  

“Stay next to Jazz okay.” I told Ben. “Their…..was all I had time to say. There was a high pitch ringing. My vision went black. My insides felt like it was being stabbed to death. I let out a loud growl. Everything went numb…...