3/ Something is odd

Hello! Sorry for the long wait, I was working on something else... But here's a long update to make up for it!

—————

Yoongi's POV

The day following their encounter, Yoongi spent three hours listening to his favourite rap songs and selecting the best ones. He also went grocery shopping and started to clean the whole place. When Namjoon barged in his apartment he nearly fell backwards at the sight of the shining and tidy living room.

"Holly sh— YOONGI-YAH! What the hell has gotten into you??? Where are all the CDs and music sheets that were on the floor???"

"I'm cleaning a bit, Hyung, you should be praising me instead of complaining! Remember how many times you told me I was practically living in a dumpster?"

"Don't get me wrong, it's great, but, I mean— why so sudden?"

"Uh, maybe I was bored...?"

"Min Yoongi, your whole life consists of music, boredom and laziness", the taller snorted.

"You... got a point."

Namjoon frowned. "Seriously Yoongi, what's the matter?"

"Nothing! I just... I realized that, uh..." he trailed off, mind spinning relentlessly to find a good answer. "...I needed to throw away all memories of him, you know!" He looked at his friend expectantly, a little breathless. Namjoon eyed him for a few seconds before nodding and cracking a smile.

"Finally gotten your shit together, uh? I'm proud of you, son."

"Gross", he retorted but returned the smile nonetheless.

With the help of Namjoon, they finished cleaning his apartment, Yoongi throwing away all the pictures, clothes and presents he had gotten from his ex-lover with a less heavy heart than he expected. When he glanced at the trash bag where he had put all the aforementioned objects, Namjoon asked: "So, what are you gonna do with it?" The younger gave him a knowing look and let out a smug 'Bultaoreune' before dropping an imaginary mic. The blond almost died from laughter.

———————

True to his word, Yoongi treated Snowflake to coffee one Saturday afternoon. It was not a date of course, but he still spent twenty minutes picking something decent to wear. He had wondered if he should get Namjoon's help at some point, but the perspective of the tall blond sniggering on his bed and grinning like a kid in front of a Christmas gift had quickly pushed the idea away. And anyway, he was not particularly handsome but he still looked decent in anything, right?

Making his way towards the coffee shop, he bumped into Jackson. The short blond was bubbly and nosy as always, and Yoongi had to tell him about his not-date so his friend would let go of his arm. The look it earned him was priceless though.

"Noooo waaayyyyy!!! Yoonie's got a catch! And you seriously thought you could hide this from us???"

"Well, a part of me hoped..." he sighed. "And it's not a 'catch', we're just like, casually hanging out. Anyway, gonna be late, see ya!"

"Yeah, yeah... Go for it Yoongi!!!" Jackson shouted to his leaving back.

He sighed again because that meant Namjoon and him would have "a serious bro-talk" later that day. Jackson could never keep things to himself for long, especially when it came to relationships.

The not-date went well. Time flew too fast for Yoongi's liking, and as he expected, Namjoon was sitting on his couch watching a tv show when he came back.