I watched Phillip's expression. For the first time, I didn't see a calm look, rather I saw a look of surprise mixed with fear but that was wiped off immediately.

"This is your water." The scorpion guy said, before Philip could utter a word. He was directly in my face now, holding the bottled water.

He opened the cap and nudged me to open my mouth. I was about sipping when he swiftly raised his hands higher and poured the liquid on my hair letting it flow down from my hair to my clothes.

I hissed at the sudden impact. I really didn't see that coming.

"That's for talking to my boss in such rude manner." Scorpion said again with an evil smirk.

I wanted to respond, but I was busy licking off the water that had trickled to my lips.

Phillip pushed him out of his way, I guess he had come out of his shocked expression, "What do you mean by people? How much do you know?"

"I don't appreciate you all up in my face and draining me with spit, Phillip." It was my turn to smirk.

"Goddammit!" He exclaimed, sending the bottle flying across the room and hitting the wall.

Someone's got a temper, I see.

"Don't you have respect?"

"You keep going on about this so called respect. Snap out of it Phillip, you deserve none!"

"You know I'll still kill you right?" He said, jeering.

"I don't care!"

I really do care, but I don't want him knowing that. It's just quite unfortunate that I wouldn't see my family or Derrick before I die. I really wish I had not argued with him yesterday.

"Fierce. I likey. So what about the people?"

"You know you're evil right? Sending those people to do your dirty jobs. First it was Njokwu and now Queen."

He gasped, "how did you know about Njokwu? Derrick had said something yeah. I knew I should have killed him when I had the chance? Maybe after you, he's next."

"Leave Derrick out of this! He knows nothing!" I was riled up. He knew he had hit a sore spot.

"Love. Love is beautiful as well as disastrous. You would do anything to protect your loved ones." He looked proud as he stroked his beard less jaw.

"I'm serious, stay away from him, he doesn't know a thing. I knew this because I had witnessed him do one of your dirty jobs ten years ago."

He looked calculative all of a sudden, "Ten years ago? Sarah Ade?"

"Wow I'm surprised to know you remember. How many have you killed? Thousands?"

"Shut up!" He hissed, clearly offended. "I must let you know I don't kill anyone unless there's really a need to or they cross my path."

"What did Sarah Ade do to deserve your cruelty?"

"She had taken the position I wanted."

"Bloddy Murderer! There was always a next time."

Wham!

I felt a sting feeling across my cheeks where Philip had hit me. Tears welled up in my eyes, but I fought hard to let none drop.

"Don't call me that. What did you think? There was no next time. I had been planning to get my hands on that position for four years, but Sarah had breezed into the picture and she was handed the position on a platter of gold while I had been working my ass out for four good years." Phillip vented, looking so angry.