Chapter 31- Mine

Derrick's POV

"What did they say?" Nichole asked, immediately I got off the phone call with Kayla's parent. I had almost forgotten about them in my rush to find Kayla.

"Told me they were on their way now with the police. The detective guy had said not to do anything when we get to the place, that they were gonna take it up from there." I replied.

I heard Korede snort beside me. Everyone seemed to have a reaction at the news.

"Take it up my ass. So what are you gonna do? Listen to them?" Nicholas asked once again.

"I'm sure as hell not backing down now. I'm going in there and getting my girl out. I'll be damned if I waste any precious minutes waiting for the police to get there first."

"Good cos I wanna kick some ass." Nichole stated proudly. He had a mischievous smile on.

"How far are we to the place? We almost there?" I asked peering at Allen who was so concentrated on the road.

"Any moment from now."

And that was true because he steered the car to the right, unto a path, leaving the main road behind. We continued on the narrow path as there were large tall trees on each sides.

We all exchanged worried glances.

"There!" Muyiwa exclaimed making all of us jump in our seats. "Straight ahead!" He continued, when he saw we weren't too pleased.

Sure enough, silhouetted on a large clearing just right after the narrow path, stood the large buildings of Omniscience pharmaceutical company.

"Duh we can all see it." Nicholas spoke up, making a huge show of rolling his eyes.

No one was in sight as the car slowly came to a stop, just a few meters away from the clearing. The place looked quiet, except the sound coming from the factory generator.

"So are we going in or what?" Korede asked, looking skeptical at the large gate and tall walls with spikes, which surrounded the building in a protective manner.

"Of course not." I assured. "We would be going into the woods instead."

She gulped. I guess that last part wasn't reassuring enough.

"Please don't sweeten the word Forest, let's be guided." Muyiwa said, sharing the same look with that of his twin.

"We should have brought Laura, tied her up or something so that she would lead us to the place." Korede suggested, chewing at her lips.

"Trust me we don't want to raise any suspicion." I gently responded. She was scared and that was understandable.

"Hope there's an actual building behind those large trees." Muyiwa spoke once more.

"Only one way to find out." I said getting all prepared. Rescuing Kayla is my sole goal and I'll fight till that's accomplished.

"C'mon guys! Don't tell me I'm the only one fired up to go on this adventure." Nicholas cut in, in a cheery voice. His brown eyes glistening in the process.

"News flash! This is anything but an adventure. I would call it a rescue mission." Allen who had been silently studying the building, countered.

"Yeah! Yeah! Why don't you get a move on and get this car off the road before any of those guys notice us. You don't wanna put us in harm's way this early, do you?"

"Before you thought of it, I already knew the perfect spot." Allen responded with an elevated chin.

"Can you two stop this back and forth thing and focus on rescuing my girl?" I let out, feeling frustrated.