Chapter 21- Anonymous

Third-party's Pov

I need to act fast! I need to act fast!! I need to act fast!!

I chanted this in my head, as I weave my way out of the posse, bumping into few people. This house was colossal and had so many art paintings and antiques which beautified it even more.

I didn't have the time to study them as two pair of eyes has been constantly glaring at me from across the room, since the time I stepped in. Probably to tell me not to get carried away, but he was doing it way too much.

Even now I could feel his stare, as I continued to make my way to the kitchen area, because it was the best place to be, for what I was supposed to do. And it wasn't crowded, which I was grateful for.

To say I was surprised, would be an understatement. The kitchen or the area where food were served would be the most crowded in Nigerian parties.

I guess the rich were also composed when it came to partying.

I was in the clear by now, as I stood by the wall leading to the kitchen. I needed to calculate my move, as I recently got the message that the woman would soon be coming out of her room.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Kayla and the instructor who tends to be around her most of the time, talking and laughing in the kitchen.

My heart did a twist at the sight for a second.

I don't need any emotion at this moment. I chastised myself. I don't want her seeing me here and ruining the plan.

A door down the hallway creaked open, and I saw the maid that always stuck to the woman like glue, step out of the door with her arms around the woman assisting her to walk.

That was my tip-off to act. I shoot my gaze to the gathering, that hadn't taken note of a girl standing awkwardly by the kitchen area, and it rested on the glare coming from the one who commanded this job. He gave a small nod which meant go.

I wasted no time as I took long strides down the hallway, and made sure I was almost directly in the Frontline of the maid. Immediately she stopped, I surged forward and knowingly brushed her on the shoulder lines before she could turn to lock the door.

"I am so sorry," I immediately spoke up, sounding apologetic and masking on a sorry face.

I braced up for a lash out, but none came, instead, "It is ok," she said while giving me a warm smile as well as trying to figure out who I was.

I had a face cap on which had the purpose of obstructing anyone from getting a clear view of how I looked.

I turned to look at the old woman before things starts to get awkward. Yes, she has aged, but she still look vibrant and beautiful with her long grey hair flowing down her shoulder length.

I guess the rich don't get ugly even when old. Banishing my thoughts, I masked on, yet again, a look of surprise, "good afternoon ma," I said, sounding innocent while I courtseyed.

"Good afternoon dear. Is anything the problem?" She inquired while providing me with a kind smile.

"Yes I was asked to come use the toilet situated in this area, seeing that the other toilets were filled up."

"Okay, and who directed you here?" She asked again.

I had known they would ask this question, since no guest were permitted to stray to this part of the house for security reasons.

I cleared my throat, "Kayla did. I am a friend of hers," I responded still sounding and looking innocent.

"Oh, I am so happy to hear you know my granddaughter. So what is your name?"

Ok I didn't expect that, why is she this inquisitive, being Kayla's friend should have been enough. I needed to say something quick and where is that man, he is supposed to be here by now.

"Lau..." I didn't get to finish what I was saying because someone came up quietly, beside me and cleared their throat.

"Good afternoon mother. Any issue?" his deep voice greeted.

I breathed a sigh of relief. I have never been this happy to see someone, I guess anything to get me out of this loop.

"Haaa, Mr Phillips, you are here. No not at all." The old woman replied smiling, and she turned to look at me, "go use the toilet dear, we've held you here for too long."

About time you realized that ma'am.

"Thank you ma," I replied sounding grateful and courtseyed again.

"Here, let me assist you ma," he said, going up to the other side and held her hands.

I moved away from their path to let them continue their trip towards the gathering.
We both made eye contact again and he gave a small nod which meant now.

I leisurely walked forward, taking my time. I stopped when I heard their footsteps beginning to sound distant, and whip my head towards their retreating figure.

I made sure no one was looking, as I quickly made my way to the door the woman and the maid had come out from and turned the knob...

It clicked open. I sighed again because I wouldn't have to go through the stress of picking the lock.

That was the plan all along. I was to distract the maid from locking the door. I entered the room, I didn't have the luxury to study it, as I began scanning the room for the one thing I came here for.

My eyes landed on the bedside table and there it stood in its all white glory.

The bottle of pills...

.
.
Who are you and what do you want from us hun? Leave us be!

Lol, I updated, yay!

How do you all see this chapter, I wouldn't know if you did not leave a comment below. Let me hear your thoughts

And don't forget to vote and share this book with your friends.

Thank you, Next chapter coming right up.

σʅαʝυɱσƙҽ_ɯɾιƚҽʂ.