Chapter 12- Cramps&Hormones

There is a stake being hammered into my lower back, the strikes radiating pain in a way that shatters my brain - or at least that's what it feels like.

I shut my eyes tightly and bite hard on my lips to keep from screaming as the pain increased, my legs ached from the pain but I could hardly feel my legs.

I just want to sleep and forget this pain.

The pain I am having this early morning is nothing new, but it keeps feeling new anytime I have it and it makes me just roll and roll from one end of the bed to another.

I have a fistful of bedsheets in my palms, holding on to it for my dear life.

Why does it have to be today, I thought this pain was supposed to reduce as you grew older but I guess mom lied to me.

Cramps!

Today is the time of my month, where period dominates my day unless when I fall into a deep dreamless sleep.

I heard the door opene but I couldn't care less who came in because cramps made me this way. Cramps made me numb to my surroundings. I just want it to go away.

"Honey, how are you feeling?" I heard mom ask, as she came up to my bed and sat down, pushing away strands of hair from my face.

I guess I looked like a crazy lady right now. Still don't care.

I hissed as another wave of pain hit the walls of my stomach, my hands flew to my waist almost immediately, groaning.

After a while, I knew I was gonna lose my mind if this pain doesn't go away, mom was still there looking at me, feeling helpless I guess.

"Why did you lie to me mom?" I hadn't plan for that question to come out but I guess it was the cramps talking.

Mom looked at me, confused for a moment, "I have never had to lie to you honey."

"But you said this pain would reduce as I start to get older and now..." I was cut short by another strike of pain, my hands on the sheet was tighter than ever before.

"I am sorry honey, I really thought it was going to reduce cos I read it somewhere." Mom said, feeling apologetic.

The pain went down all of a sudden, but I know it is somewhere building up another one that will probably take my breath away. So I can't be deceived.

"You told me this when I was twelve years old and now I am freaking seventeen." I paused as I looked at her sorry face, "besides why didn't you have the pain when you were my age?"

"I really don't know, I guess some girls
were meant to have cramps while others were meant to be free from it."

I snort at that reply. The cramps doing.

The door to the room opened just as another wave of pain hit me with a full force.

Told you, do not be deceived.

"How is small madam?" Arike asked directing her questions to mom. I could hear her footsteps, as she made her way to my bed.