The soulmate switch

This was requested by @xxamixisxx on tumblr they requested either 5 or 6 for the soulmate prompts with whichever clone of my choosing. You didn't specify which list so I went with list 2 and prompt number 5 with my fav, Captain Rex. I hope that you like it.

You wake up feeling weird, you don't have any idea why. You know that you have to get up to help train the younglings in the Jedi temple. You reach out to the force, but find nothing, you internally panic. The force is gone! The force can't just disappear, something's wrong.

You sit up quickly and rub your eyes. When you open them you're even more surprised, this isn't your room. You look down at your body and gasp, this isn't your body!

You realize that you must be in the body of your soulmate, On a random day, soulmates switch bodies for the day. It's their one chance to give each other clues about one another.

It looks like today's your day, you look down at your soulmate's body. It's very muscular and skinny, with tan skin and scars. There's a pretty big one on his chest, your soulmate sleeps shirtless.

You look around and realize that you're in clone barracks, judging by the one other clone there. He has a goatee and a five tattoo on the corner of his forehead.

"Hey, you okay Rex." You shake your head at him, and he raises an eyebrow. So your soulmate's name is Rex, that's interesting to say the least.

"I'm not Rex." You wince at the sound of your voice, a man's voice. The clone looks at you and laughs.

"Ha, nice joke Captain." You sigh, this clone thinks that it's a practical joke.

"I'm not joking, it's a soulmate switch." The clones eyes go wide at that and he walks over to you.

"Wait, you're Rex's soulmate?" You nod and he sighs, you look at him and he smiles kindly at you. He holds his hand out to you

"Well, I'm Fives. I'm sorry that I didn't believe you, I didn't think about the soulmate switch at the moment." You take his hand and shake it, tossing him a small smile.

"It's fine, I understand. I couldn't really believe it myself. I'm Jedi Knight y/n l/n."

"Well it's very nice to meet you y/n. may I ask what my brother is probably getting up to in your place." Your eyes go wide at that, your soulmate, Rex is probably getting into some trouble with the Jedi.

"I'm a Jedi, I was supposed to be training younglings at the temple." You tell him, you hope that Rex is the kind of person to tell someone about your predicament instead of getting himself into trouble. Fives must see the worry look on your... Well Rex's face.

"Rex is smart enough to tell someone of your situation, we're on our way to Coruscant right now, I'm sorry to say that we won't get there until tomorrow." You smile and nod, you wonder how he's fairing at the temple. hopefully good, the council is usually good with soulmate switches.

You walk into the refresher quickly to awkwardly use the washroom, and when you're about to leave you finally see your soulmate's face in the mirror. He has pretty honey brown eyes and blond hair, you notice a little scar on his chin.

In your opinion he looks very handsome, but you can't wait to meet him. You walk back out and Fives show's you where Rex's blacks and armor are.

"You can get dressed, his armor is over here." You stand there and stare at his armor, you have no idea how to put it on.

"Umm, how am I supposed to..." Fives looks back at you and internally facepalm's.

"I'm sorry, I forgot that you don't know how." After Fives awkwardly helps you find Rex's blacks and get his armor on, you're all ready to go. You notice how heavy his armor is, it ways on you and you wonder how he can wear this all day, every day.