Sick!Rex x reader

You're walking to Rex's quarters after a long day working on ships. It's been a couple of months since you and rex got together and only a few weeks since you were sick.

You're worried about Rex because from what you heard from Fives and Echo, he hasn't been seen all day and that's very unusual for Rex.

You get to his quarters and knock on the door, when you don't get an answer you call in.

"Rex, can I come in."

You don't hear anything from inside so you type in the code and walk in. You don't see Rex so you're about to turn around and leave when you hear someone gagging in the refresher.

You walk in and are shocked at the sight before you. Rex is kneeling over the toilet dry heaving so hard that you can see his muscles tense up from the pain.

You run over to him, and check him over, you're no medic but you know the signs that someone has the flu. It looks like he's done dry heaving for now, poor Rex is burning with fever and you can see how weak he is just by looking at him.

"Hey y/n, how are you." He says weakly, doing his best to smile. You already know what he's doing, he's trying to be strong and not show any weakness to you.

"I should be asking you that, now let me help you up." As soon as you say that Rex starts struggling to get up by himself, saying that he's fine and doesn't need help.

"Stop and just let me help you Rex. You're sick." He finally relents and lets you help him walk to his bed. You have him lean against you and both of you start walking slowly towards his bed.

You look around at his room as you walk; you're going to have to get something to decorate it because his walls are bare and there's nothing except a bed and a desk.

You both finally get to his bed and you gently lay him down. He looks up at you and does his best to smile.

"I'm fine now cyare. You can go know."

"I'm not leaving Rex." You tell him knowing that he would try to have you leave.

"You didn't leave me when I was sick so I'm not leaving you." He looks at you, you can tell that he almost doesn't believe that you would stay. You give him a soft kiss on the forehead and don't miss the way he lean's into it.

You go and grab him a cup of water and tell him to drink it. Once you see that he does you make sure to comm the general and tell him that Rex can't work today, Thankfully General Skywalker is okay with it and he asks you to personally tell Rex that he's not allowed back till he's better.

You grab a cool, wet cloth and a bowl of water from the refresher then you go and sit on the corner of his bed. You wet the cloth and dab the cool water on his forehead to try and bring his fever down, he sighs contently.

"That feels so good, y/n." He tells you and you smile, you're glad that it's making him feel better even if it's just a little. After a few minutes more of dabbing the water on his head he grabs you hand and look's up at you.

"Can you please cuddle with me cyar'ika." He asks you quietly, and you can't say no. You walk over and put the cloth and bowl in the refresher for later the get into his bed with him. You can feel the heat still coming off him but not as bad as before so the water must have helped.

You can feel Rex nuzzle his nose into you hair and sigh contently again, he seems happy with just cuddling with you so you'll just let him cuddle for now.

You hear him start snoring softly and you laugh a little, it usually takes him longer to fall asleep but being sick is probably taking more of a toll on him than you thought. You just lay like that for about 20 minutes letting Rex cuddle you until you hear a knock on the door. You get up and hear Rex groan and grab your arm to try to pull you back into bed.

"Rex, I have to get the door sweetheart. I'll be back in a minute." You walk over to the door and open it to see Kix standing there with his medical kit in hand and he does not look happy.

"Why didn't you tell me that Rex was sick." He asks you angrily.

"I'm handling it just fine Kix." He just looks at you and sighs, clearly annoyed.

"I'm the medic, you should have commed me to at least check on him and make sure he's okay. Especially after what happened to you."

"Just make it quick Kix, he's tired." You tell him and he walks over to Rex. You just sit there while Kix checks Rex over. You can hear Rex grumbling about it under his breath but allows Kix do what he needs to do anyway. You answer any questions Kix ask you and he finishes the check relatively quick. Once he finishes he stands up and turns to you.

"Rex's his fever is pretty high so I recommend a few cold baths and that he take fever reducers to help bring it down; he's also pretty dehydrated so he better drink lots of fluids. I also recommend lots of bedrest." He tells you and you nod, it's pretty much the same thing that he told Rex when you were sick. Kix then glares at Rex.

"And you, so help me Rex if you so much as think of leaving this bed while you're sick, I will sedate you without even a second thought, understood." Rex just nods, knowing that Kix will hold true to that.

"I'll be back in a few minutes with some fever reducers, would you like anything, y/n"

You shake your head no and he leaves, leaving you and Rex alone. Rex is still laying on his bed looking pretty miserable. He looks up at you and opens his arms up, wanting to cuddle again. You're happy to oblige since Rex is never this cuddly. It must be from being sick, it'd be cute if he wasn't feeling so miserable.

Kix comes back in and drops the fever reducers off, making sure to make Rex take one before he leaves. After that Rex lays back down with you and you hear his breath even out as he falls back to sleep. You just let him sleep, you're happy as long as he doesn't try to work. Hopefully he'll be better soon.