Chapter 8 part 1

Chapter 8

Marina POV

"Did you hear that?" I asked Jeremy worriedly.

The sound had come from outside so we both raced to the window in my bathroom., which was still open from when Jeremy had chucked my razor blade out into the yard. We looked out and saw a figure running like a bat out of hell towards a red Mustang, then watched as he peeled out of the driveway. He looked familiar, he had straight brown hair and looked tall and built. Jeremy's voice snapped me back to reality.

"What the hell?" He asked, probably wondering, like me, why that guy was anywhere near enough to my house to say something that we were able to hear.

***Flashback***

I was leaning against the kitchen counter, eating cereal and thinking. My life had changed so much in the past days.  My parents had died 3 days ago, and I was still in the denial stage, thinking they would be about to come down stairs for breakfast like usual. I was snapped out of my reverie when I heard a newswoman's voice announcing my street name. I looked at the screen, but they had already moved onto a different story. I grabbed the remote and rewound to the beginning of the story and turned up the volume.

"On July 3rd...." at that date I almost passed out. That was the day after my parents had died! ".... Police found a mysterious car on Sunset Road. They towed the car, but there was nothing in the car to help identify the owner. It was taken to the police station, to be kept there until the owner could be located. However, when police came back the next day, the car had disappeared. When police checked their surveillance videos, they saw that the cameras had been disabled for 30 minutes during the night. In the film, one second the car was there, and then it was gone."

The screen was then host to a picture of an amazing red mustang.

"Here's a picture of the disappearing car. Beautiful car, huh Nancy?" The newswoman asked perkily.

I turned off the TV, already thinking of other things.

***End Flashback**

I couldn't answer. I was completely consumed with fear. I knew that car, that hair, that body.

It was him. The killer.

LEVI POV

Great. This was just fucking great. I almost got caught climbing up Marina's house. Awesome. It was almost worth it though. To see her face.

Damn Levi! No! You can't think that!

She was the daughter of Azelia and Evan, the famous drug dealers, the kind of people who killed for money.

I couldn't be with her. It was too dangerous. I sped back to the main building of my agency, taking the turns on two wheels. I threw the car into a parking spot and flew into what appeared to be the main door of an old abandoned warehouse, but what was really the international headquarters of a high tech assassin agency.

"LEVI!" Ethan's shout scared me shitless.

"IN MY OFFICE! NOW!" He shouted.

I will never know how Ethan always manages to figure out exactly when I'm walking in the door. We don't have security cameras because even wired cameras can be tapped into by some highly skilled computer geek. (A/N: I'm not trying to offend anyone by saying that, and in case you are offended you should know that I, also, am a total computer geek)

I walked into the office to see Ethan sitting at his desk. His muscles bulged under his white collared shirt.

"Care to explain this?" He asked, roughly shoving a picture of my car across the desk at me.

"Isn't this my car?" I asked politely, curious as to why he had a picture of my car.

"No shit Sherlock. Care to explain why your car made the news?! One of our agents told us that you were on the news the day after the targets were terminated. Why did the police have your car?"

All color drained out of my face. My car was on the news, and Marina had just seen my car as I pulled out of her house. What if she had seen the news.......?

----------------------------

:O!!!! CLIFF HANGER!

hey guys it's addi and i'm really sorry that its been so long since i've uploaded but ive been really busy. I'd like to thank you if you stuck with the story. I originally had chapter 8 as all one part, but i really liked this as a cliff hanger....so i already have the second part of chapter 8 and will upload it soon.

thanks for reading!

comment vote and fan!

addi