Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Marina POV

I stood up, brushing the dirt from the back of my shorts and legs. The summer heat had diminished slightly in Iowa, but not enough to stop people from wearing shorts and tank tops. I pushed my bright yellow Aviators farther up my sweaty nose and adjusted the straps of my favorite black rainbow tank top. I glanced quickly at my white Fossil watch and sighed. It was past 11 at night. I took one last look at my parents' grave before turning around and jogging to my car. I loved my car. It was a 17th birthday present from my parents. I had a bright blue mustang Shelby cobra with a white racing stripe. My car and my guitar were my two babies. My guitar was my 16th birthday present. It was a Les Paul Studio Silverburst. (AN-I had originally planned for her to have a Les Paul with pictures of clouds on it, but I couldn't find a picture for that so...) My family has always had a lot of money, so I had all kinds of expensive things. I didn't know what exactly my parents did, but we were really well off because of it. The problem was, though, that my parents were often gone on trips, leaving me alone for days, weeks, even months, at a time. But I didn't really care. My parents and I never really got along when they were home anyways.

As soon as I thought it, I hit myself in the head with my palm. "Bad Marina" I thought to my self. When people died, you were only supposed to think nice things about them. But with my parents, I had a hard time following that rule. When I reached my car, I hopped in the drivers seat and twisted the key in the ignition. I stared at my hands for a minute, still thinking about my parents. With a sigh, I pulled out of the graveyard and began my journey home. I wasn't really focusing on the road because my mind was focused on other things. I was sad that my parents had died, because I had loved them, but I wasn't grieving and hysterical like I was after.... No don't think about that Rina, I told myself, gripping the wheel harder. I was so lost in thought that I didn't see the stop sign, or the pedestrian crossing the street. Luckily, I was in a school zone, so I was only going about 15 mph. But that would still hurt. I looked up just in time to see a frightened face in front of the mirror. I slammed on the brakes and managed to just barely hit him, but he didn't even fall over. But since the last thing I needed was a lawsuit, I jumped out of my car to see if the man was okay.

"Hey! You CAN see me!" the man said, laughing.

"I am SO SORRY! Are you alright?" I asked with concern, approaching him. He was very good looking, but something about him seemed familiar. When I got closer to him, his face changed to shock, but just as quickly changed back to the way it was before.

"Uh yeah I'm fine but I'm kinda in a hurry so if you'll excuse me......" and with that he walked off briskly without a backwards glance.

...........

Well that was weird.

Levis POV

I was looking down at my iPod when I saw the headlights. A car was approaching but there was a stop sign and a crosswalk so I just crossed the street, still looking down for a song. I suddenly heard the screech of breaks and looked up just in time to see the car squealing to a stop in front of me. I braced myself for the impact but the car only bumped me. Obviously the person driving the car didn't see me, but I probably should've waited anyways. The car door quickly opened and a girl jumped out. It was dark and there were no streetlights, so I couldn't see her face clearly, but her daisy dukes and tank top made it pretty obvious the mysterious driver was a girl.

"Hey! You CAN see me!" I said, laughing at my own joke.

"I am SO SORRY! Are you alright?" she replied, concern filling her tone as she walked over to me. Just then a cloud shifted in the sky and a sliver of moonlight illuminated her face. My breath stopped and my face drained of color. F*ck. It was her. Marina. Her face lit up in what I thought looked like questioning and recognition. I had to get out of here before she recognized me! I quickly composed my face into a mask as I had been trained to do for years.

"Uh yeah I'm fine but I'm kinda in a hurry so if you'll excuse me......" I said quickly, turning around and walking away quickly, but not quickly enough to raise suspicion, I hoped.

I shouldn't have still been in Iowa, but my next assignment was in Alaska, and I wanted to enjoy some sunshine before I left. And besides, I knew nothing was known about the death of Melody and Evan Blanc. I had seen the report of their mysterious deaths on the news, but the reporter had said they had no leads at the moment. I knew Marina had seen me though, so I had no idea why she hadn't told the cops about me. Maybe, in the distraction of her parents' deaths, she forgot all about me.

That was all I could hope for at the moment, I though, jogging back to my hotel room.

Marina POV

The remainder of my drive home was uneventful. I kept my eyes on the road at all times and tried to focus, but all I could think about was the face of the man I hit, and how familiar he looked. When I finally reached my house, I threw my car into park and flung open the door. I grabbed my keys and unlocked the door of my room. I was still staying above the garage of the house, just because it was more familiar to me. It felt safer and more homey than the actual house had ever felt to me. I loved my room. Three walls were hot pink and one was blue. My ceiling was a picture perfect sunset, a million different colors blending together for the perfect sunset colors. Also on the ceiling was a picture of a beach, including a silhouette of a couple holding hands on the sand, the waves at their feet. Suddenly, the feeling of being alone in the world over powered me. I sunk down to the lime green carpet of my floor, hugging myself and silently sobbing. I now had no one. Both my parents were only children, so no Aunts, Uncles, or cousins, and my grandparents were all dead by the time I was 14. And then there was Chase..... but I didn't want to even think about him. And now my parents were gone too. A knock on my door startled me out of my sobbing.

"Aleigh?" Jeremy's voice asked at the door. I smiled at the sound of his voice and got up off the floor. I moved to my door and opened it, revealing my brother. He was not, of course, my real brother, but he acted like my older brother and we had been friends for years, so I told everyone he actually was my brother. He was tall like me, and his smile made all the girls melt. He always called me Aleigh, though, because when I was little I insisted on being called that. So now, out of habit, he called me that.

Jeremy took one look at my face and pulled me into a hug, rubbing soothing circles on my back. He always knew what was going on inside my head and was always the first one I called whenever I needed comfort. He held me like that for a while, letting me sob on his shirt, not saying anything. When I was finally done, I pulled away from him and wiped my eyes with the back of my hand. I had a major headache now and all I really wanted to do was sleep. I looked at Jeremy, my eyes pleading.

"Jer, will you please please PLEASE stay with me tonight?" I asked.

"Sure sis." He replied with a smile. I went to my drawer and pulled out some pjs, running into the bathroom to change. Jeremy had some emergency clothes here, so I knew that wouldn't be a problem. After I had changed, brushed my teeth, and taken out my contacts, I walked back into my room to see Jeremy all ready for bed. I pulled out the futon that was at the bottom of my loft bed and made it up with sheets, even dragging my zebra comforter off my bed. I jumped into bed and patted next to me. Jeremy got in behind me, and we both got comfy. I wanted to talk to Jeremy about my day, but he was lightly playing with my hair in a brotherly way, and my head was fuzzy with sleep. Soon, I was falling asleep.

But even Jeremy's presence couldn't keep away the nightmares.

And that is the end of chapter 2!!! I know it's short but im writing this on my home computer and I don't want my parents to see me writing. So, who is Chase?! And how does everyone like Jeremy? His character is actually based on an actual person in my life, and I do consider him my brother..... I really like the song and the two pictures I found, but im still working on pictures of the characters! The picture of her car will be in the next chapter, because i can't figure out how to upload multiple pictures.......sorry. Also, im still working on the title of my story....so if you have an ideas please share them with me! And I have somewhat of an idea about what im going to do with this story but im open for any ideas so just message me and I'll see what I can do! Im sorry if there are any mistakes in this chapter but I was in a huge hurry so.....yeah.

I guess that's about it.......

So if you like it.... please COMMENT VOTE AND FAN!!!

Im always looking for some constructive criticism!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Addi:)