Chapter 35: Journey

Start from the beginning

"Kat!" She said and hugged me.

"Candice I'm so happy to see you."

"Me too! OMG I have so many things for you." And then I looked around.

"Candice! I have my room somewhere below this!" I said looking at what seemed like a room filled with so many shopping bags that I didn't even tried to count them.

"Oh common. It's not that much. Beside 18 days! You need so many things." Let's try out some stuff and then we can pack.

By the time I was done I was so tired. I had tried so many clothes that I didn't even want to pick up another garment laid on the floor. Finally we were done. My 3 white matching suitcases and a brown leather travel backpack were all set in the corner of my room. Candice also picked an outfit for me which was warm enough for the airplane. We then said our God and she left.

It was around lunch time and I went downstairs to find Hayden.

"Wow. Candice does believe in shop till you drop."

"No Candice believes in shop till you're dead." I groaned and fell on the couch like a dropped corpse. Haydes chuckled.

"We didn't talk about yesterday." He said taking a seat next to me.

"There is nothing to talk about." I said looking away.

"There is always someone to tell. Tell me as a friend. Forget I'm your brother." I knew he wasn't gonna let this slide. So straightened up and took a sharp breath.

" I dont understand Alex."

"No one does." He said placing a hand on around me.

"One moment he is all caring and loving and the next he goes all feral on me. And when I expect an explanation he doesn't give me one. He always hides stuff from me like I'm an outsider and I feel like I dont belong in the family."

"That is not true. You are family. No one can go against that. And I know Alex for a longer while then you. He loves you Kat. Probably more than us too. He would never let any harm come to you. Trust when I say he does everything for you. You bring out this softness in him which he didn't knew existed. Give things some time. Maybe this trip will help you both."

"Yeah maybe." I said and snuggled into him.

"As for now. Since you feel left out I want to tell you something no one knows. But it's a secret. No one can know. Bot now at least. I want to tell them there on the island. But I want to tell you now."

"Really! Tell me!" I said excited to know what he had to say.

"Okay. So dont freak out or anything bit I might...have...asked....annatobemygirlfriend"

"Huh?" I asked not understanding the last part.

"Iaskedannatobemygirlfriend."

"Oh god. Hayde! Speak clearly." He took in a breath.

"I asked Anna to be my girlfriend."

"OHMYGODD! OHMYGOD! Its happening its happening. Did she say yes?" My happiness knew no boundaries. I was so happy for them.

"She did." I hugged him so tight and rambled about how happy I was. He then told me to remember our deal and to not tell anyone. We then just sat there. And within a few minutes I was out like a light.

I woke up to someone caressing my hair.

"Wake up baby. Its 5. We leave for the airport in an hour." I heard someone saying.

"Nate you gotta wake her up. Not put her back to sleep."

I groaned and placed my feet on the ground. I was in my bedroom. Hayde probably brought me up here.