🦋~Part 8~🦋

The month long stay turned into two weeks and a half, Kenma had made all the arrangements, Kuroo was to live with him, back at his apartment.

"Baby, come give me a hand!", Kenma was pulled from his thoughts as Kuroo struggled to drag his bag up the stairs.

"Are you not strong enough, what are all those muscles for? Just show?", Kenma teased Kuroo as he grabbed the other end of the bag containing all of Kuroo's belongings that he had with him at the hospital, which was more than Kenma would have guessed.

They finally dragged it through the doorway, Kuroo heaved it against the wall and collapsed on the living room couch, Kenma pulled his medical supplies out of the bag and placed them on the counter, two bottles of pills and some other equipment that Kenma had learned how to operate.

Kenma rolled over the back of the couch and landed on top of Kuroo who wrapped his arms around Kenma. They laid there for a while, watching the sun set over the city, Kenma's head rested against Kuroo's chest, he could hear his heart beating, strong and steady. Kuroo was fine now, he was strong and he was steady and they could forget about the incident.

"Im kind of glad that I had an accident.", Kuroo spoke quietly as if he had read Kenma's mind, "without it, I doubt we would be together now.".

Kenma nuzzled his head into Kuroo's chest, "You don't know that Kuroo, I think we were made for each other, like soulmates, we would have come together eventually, right? That's how fate works.".

Kuroo laughed, Kenma could feel it from deep inside his chest, "That was so sappy kitty.".

Kenma blushed and hid his face in Kuroo's shirt, Kuroo tapped on his forehead, causing Kenma to bring his head up. Kuroo pulled his face closer until their foreheads were touching.

"I love you so much" Kuroo said, his voice low even though no one else was in the apartment to overhear.

Kuroo looked up beyond Kenma at the fairy lights that they had strung on the ceiling together. About a week before his release Kuroo had bought them in bulk because "they were on sale", he had ended up buying 10000 feet of fairy lights that they had strung throughout the entirety of the apartment. Kenma had pretended to be mad at him but he honestly wasn't, it reminded him of when they were little and Kuroo would do stupid things just to see Kenma's reaction, whether it was a scolding or a small giggle.

"We should do the dice thing."

"Really, right now Kenma, aren't you tired?"

Kenma pouted at his boyfriend and pulled himself up,

"I want ice cream."

"You want ice cream, really?"

"Why are you so surprised by this, whats wrong with ice cream?"

Kuroo laughed and ruffled Kenma's hair with his hand,

"Nothing baby, lets go get ice cream."

"Lets not use the butterfly thing."

Kuroo looped his arm around Kenma's and pulled him out of the apartment, locking the door behind them.

"Why don't you wanna use the butterfly, do you just wanna keep walking with me forever?", Kuroo teases him, poking at the side of his stomach.

Kenma swatted him away, "No I just think we should decide when to stop, we can do that right, I mean we have control over when we wanna stop."

"You're so weird Kitty." Kuroo smiled down at him, one side of his mouth curving upward.

They ended up stopping at an ice cream parlor, like most of their dates it was away from a crowd and not very full. Kuroo told Kenma he would order for him and that Kenma should get a good table, outside.

Kenma sat down at a pastel green table that matched the muted colors of the ice cream parlor, Kenma looked inside and saw Kuroo standing in line, looking up the ice cream flavors that were written on a big chalkboard. Kenma felt his body relax as he kept looking at the love of his life, Kuroo looked so strong and gorgeous, his sly smile and amber eyes made Kenma's heart burst. That was his boyfriend, they loved each other, they were gonna get married, they were gonna be together. Kenma hid his smile under his sleeve and turned away from the lights of the parlor, he looked up into the darkened sky, it was the same darkened sky that he had looked out on a few months ago from Kuroo's hospital room. He wished he could tell past him that eventually it would be okay, the pain would be worth it in the end.

Kenma jumped at the sound of Kuroo's voice behind him.

"Are you okay baby?", Kuroo was holding a cup of ice cream, four scoops of ice cream inside a waffle cone bowl and two spoons.

"Yeah," Kenma turned around to face Kuroo, "Im just thinking", he picked up a spoon and let the flavors hit his mouth.

"Its good?", Kenma nodded to the question and scooped up some into Kuroo's mouth.

Kuroo leaned over and grabbed behind Kenma's neck, running his hands through his hair, pushing their faces together. Kuroo's lips tasted like the sweet ice cream, Kenma dropped the spoon and ran his thin fingers up the sides of Kuroo's face. Kuroo drew away for a moment and kissed Kenma's forehead softly before picking his spoon up and proceeding to the eat the ice cream.

Kenma sat there in disbelief as Kuroo proceeded as if nothing had happened, Kenma looked around, as if he was scared that someone had seen them.

"What are you, embarrassed?" Kuroo chuckled, "Im sorry, I won't do that again.".

"No, its fine, its..." Kenma wasn't sure, they had kissed many times and occasionally in public, well not really public, hiding in alleys, or in a back room. It wasn't that Kenma was embarrassed to be with Kuroo, he was just always embarrassed in public, he didn't want people judging him or Kuroo.

"It's fine."

Kuroo glanced at him before shoving another scoop of ice cream into his own mouth.

"I won't do it again."

Kenma looked up and him and then down at his twiddling fingers.

"It's fine, we have all the time in the world Kitty, there's no rush."

Thank you to everyone who read this and contributed to the 100 reads!!!!!! Thank you so much to all of you, I love you so much:) I hope you enjoy the next chapters (Im probably gonna do two more and thats gonna be the climax so I'll release them at the same time so it might be a fair amount of time before I release them) AGAIN THANK YOU SO MUCH, YOU GUYS ARE SO AMAZING, BYE FOR NOW:P