🦋~Part 6~🦋

Kenma glanced over at Kuroo who was trying figure out how to put on his tie, for someone academically smart Kuroo couldn't do basic things. Kenma smiled and pulled up a stool so that he could reach Kuroo's neck and fixed the navy blue tie that he had been struggling with for the past fifteen minutes. Kuroo let out a huff of air.

"How are you so good at that, you don't even use ties, you never dress in formal wear."

"I'm just good at everything, right?"Kenma stood on his tippy toes and gave Kuroo has light kiss on the lips.

Kenma got off the stool and went to mirror in the bathroom, and started looking at himself in the mirror. Kuroo walked in and grabbed the eyeliner from the top draw and motioned for Kenma to come towards him.

"Eyeliner?"

"I know you like wearing it idiot"

"Yeah, but a party, that's like formal I-"

Kuroo sat Kenma down on the stool and started applying it, the last few months had been busy, with Kuroo's gradual recovery (which meant more dice dates) and Kenma's company kicked off he had been swamped, his life finally felt full.

The doctors said that very soon Kuroo could permanently leave the hospital, they had been spending some time in a cheap apartment that was close by, they had plans to move into a more luxurious one when Kuroo was completely cleared.

Kuroo lifted his hand off of Kenma's face and pointed to the mirror, Kenma turned around to face himself in the mirror. He had cut his hair recently so that it maintained the same length as it had been in high school and his natural hair color had gradually increased until only a small part of his hair was yellow. His face had become slightly more defined, more sharp since he had started adulthood. Kuroo's eyeliner was to say the least, awful.

"You dumb ass, it looks awful.", Kenma grabbed the eyeliner pen from Kuroo and began washing off the makeup, it ran down his face like tears.

"Hey," Kuroo sat back, "Im sorry I don't wear eyeliner."

"You should." Kenma said, his brows furrowed in concentration, he glanced up, "it would look good on you rooster-head."

He finished filling in the wing and looked at himself in the mirror, he had been expanding his fashion interests over the last few months, including makeup which he had found an intense liking too. It was weird like something that he had never done because he was scared of people judging him or being able to point him out in a crowd. Kuroo has told him he needed to "flaunt his features", it had been something that he had pressed on Kenma, who had eventually given in, it was sweet.

When he turned around, Kuroo looked up from his phone and cocked his head, "you look really cute Kitty

When they arrived at the event everyone was looking at Kenma and Kuroo, his company had really kicked off and his press advisor had said that it was good idea for the press to be there, Kenma wasn't so sure. The camera flashed at him, Kuroo shielded him with his large body and walked Kenma down the hall holding him hands lightly. They walked down to the tables at the end, multiple tables sitting in front of a stage with a podium, silver and white balloons adorned the sides of the stage and silver confetti was thrown over the tables. Kuroo pulled out a chair and Kenma sat down, he felt his face start flushing as the reporters moved in, Kuroo left his hand on Kenma's back for a second, giving a small push.

"How does it feel to have such a successful company at such a young age Mr. Kozume?"

"Well I don't think-"

"Have you considered the competitors?"

"I-"

"How has your early experience changed you as a person?"

The questions droned together into a crowd of inquiries that Kenma couldn't pick apart, he panicked for a second as the reporters shoved their microphone in his face, suddenly he heard a voice above the rest.

"How have you balanced your ill boyfriend with work?"

Kenma picked the reporter out from the rest and stared at her, his eyes boring into her.

"How do you know about that?" Kenma glanced at Kuroo who seemed to be hiding his face behind his hair.

"How do you know that?" Kenma glared back at the reporter, he said it louder this time.

The reporter flushed,"I- I don't know I just got the information from my office, I-"

"Its fine!" Kuroo grabbed Kenma's shoulder and whirled him around, "Right baby? Its fine?".

Kenma could see the pain in Kuroo's eyes as he sat Kenma back down, Kenma felt his cheeks flush in anger, how did people know such personal things, how did they dig up things like that, he owned a company, so what! That didn't give them an excuse to snoop into his love life.

The event seemed to last forever, people gave speeches and toasted to Kenma and his success which Kenma returned halfheartedly. They left as soon as possible, sneaking past the horde of reporters and out the back door.

"God that took for ever!" Kenma whined as they walked to the train station.

Kuroo didn't respond, he seemed drained, Kenma rubbed his back leaned on his head on Kuroo's arms.

"Whats wrong baby?", Kenma looked up at him with concern.

"Why don't you want anyone to know about me?", Kuroo's voice sounded small and broken.

"What?!", Kenma stopped walked and looked up and his boyfriend.

"You panicked when they mentioned me, as if you were embarrassed.", they stood there silently for a moment both of them in a different stage of grief.

Kenma brushed Kuroo's hair out of his face and looked into his amber eyes, "Im not embarrassed of you Kuroo, I love you so much, I love you so so much. I don't want everyone to know my business though, digging through my personal life, its just gross, it just makes me sick. I was just concerned because I had never publicly announced that and yet they found out, but Kuroo," Kenma looked up at him again, "I love you so much and they can dig and dig all they want, I will never be embarrassed of you, ever.".

Kuroo looked away and pulled his collar up over his mouth, his shoulders started to heave up and down.

"Are you okay? Kuroo, can you breath? Kuroo!", Kenma lifted Kuroo's chin with his thumb and pointer finger, Kuroo's eyes were filled with tears, "Kuroo! Why are you-".

Kuroo silenced him by pulling him into a kiss, wrapping his strong arms around his back. They stood there for a few wonderful moments, Kenma and Kuroo together, not worried about anyone else or anything else. Kuroo ran his hands through Kenma's hair and leaned towards him, he could barley feel anything else except Kenma's soft lips.

Kenma felt the butterflies in his stomach intensify as Kuroo's body fit right up against his own. He slipped his hands up Kuroo's shirt and they rested on his abdomen, his fingers cold against the warm, smooth skin. It was as if time had stopped there, knowingly, the perfect situation, forever.

Kenma opened his eyes to make sure it was real, to make sure that his rooster, his Kuroo was still right there, recovering and perfect.