CHAPTER FIFTY THREE

Comenzar desde el principio

"Yeah, but how am I supposed to go about all of this? It's just, you'll understand when you meet Matt. He's like a-a lovesick puppy. If I tel him, it'll be like I kicked him."

Graham sighs "I don't like Liam Gallagher, or Noel. But I value my friends and their happiness and Avery, Liam makes your heart soar. I mean seriously. I hate the guy. But he makes you happy."

"And it's not fair to Matt." I finish.

He nods "Exactly. You both deserve a partner that gives 100% to the other. And Avery, you're not going to be giving that, especially when you're infatuated with another guy."

Shit. Why was life so fucking complicated at times? I mean seriously.

I'd spent months with Matt, even gone to Italy with him, nearly convinced myself I was over Liam and in love with someone else. Yet now, after one encounter with Liam, one encounter, I'm already flying back into his arms, realizing how stupid I'd been to ever have pushed him away.

I was sober too.

There was nothing clouding up my mind except for him, and him alone.

"Do I do it tonight? End it?" I ask

Graham thinks about it for a moment "Do you have somewhere else to stay? Because I think it'd be awkward if you were still in Jude Law's house."

I think about it for a moment "Could always ask Damon if I could stay in his place for a bit."

Graham rolls his eyes "Just stay here. Go see Damon tomorrow or whatever and try to get him to fucking explain that Gorillaz shit because Alex can't string sentences together."

How had I never seen Graham's discomfort with his own friends before?

"Got it. Now can we go? I'll do it after a bit of partying. No drinking, because I've got to talk this all out with a clear head." I say, also making a mental note to NOT touch any random fucking drugs.

"Great. Let's go. I want alcohol from Noel Gallagher's house. Does he have a camera? I'd like a photo. Hell, we can frame it and put it on the wall." He adds as we start walking out the door.

"Are you being serious?"

"One hundred percent."

"I'll see what I can do."

The car ride over was filled with conversation between Graham and I, mainly discussing the project we had randomly started working on, now flipping towards the topic of producers we knew of.

"Butch Vig was supposed to mix one of Blur's albums, as our American label hated the lack of Grunge in it." Graham says casually.

Which causes me to burst out laughing, as this was a common thread with copy cat bands in the USA. They all wanted him mixing their albums just because what he'd done on Nirvana's Nevermind, and with the work he did for the Smashing Pumpkins.

"Familiar with him?" Graham asks

I nod my head and say "We've met. My old bassist in WaitTime wanted him to do one of our albums, and I straight up called him and begged him to decline."

"You begged him to say no? Jesus Christ, you're a monster."

"I didn't want my album to sound like the recreation of my friends music." I shrug, leaning back into the car seat.

"I would agree there, besides, I've never been a fan of the whole heavy guitar thing. You have no idea how brutal it was performing Song 2 in America."

I snicker once again. "You all really gave up on that one? Didn't give it a proper name or anything."

Graham rolls his eyes "Damon wanted us to make fun of you all."

"Haha. Very funny." I say looking over in Graham's direction, watching him drive carefully down the roads.

"You know, I think I may have a couple producers in mind for this thing of ours, they're mainly musicians, but they have done excellent work producing in the past." I offer.

"Really? Who? Would I know them?" Graham asks, intrigued

"Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore, you know? From Sonic Youth." I say casually, watching him perk up.

"You're fucking joking. That band is one of the few I can tolerate and love." He says grinning "You honestly think they'd produce it?"

I nod my head "It's been awhile since we've talked, but it would give them an excuse to see me, and the other way around. Plus, they love experimenting."

"I remember that time, it was the first night you spent with Liam and all these people kept calling and calling. Damon and Alex were too fucking stoned to keep track, so I did, and I nearly shit myself when I saw that they'd called."

"Really?" I chuckle "How have I never heard of your Sonic Youth fascination before?"

He shrugs, pulling to a stop onto the familiar street that belonged to Noel and Jude and says "I'm the least chatty member Avery, remember that."

"Wait a minute, then what the hell is Dave?" I ask

"Beats me." He yells over the growing noise from the somewhat, already blossoming party going on inside Noel's home.

"Shall we?"

Graham nods, and with that the two of us start walking up the steps and into Noel's wack, night club of a house, off to the bar, just so Graham could settle his problems with Noel once and for all.

Or, start more.

Oh well.