eleven

4th november (continued)
dixie's pov

i pull away from tate, looking down at her still sat on her lap. her lips are slightly swollen and she is giving me an unreasonable expression which is slightly scaring me.

did i fuck up?

a warm smile grows on her mouth making me relax a little. she kisses my forehead instantly making me feel like the luckiest girl ever. i lean towards her and bury my head in the crook of her neck, taking in her comforting scent.

and then i come back to reality for a second. griffin. fuck. i cheated.

i suppose i would be lying if i said i care about his feelings because i don't. he treats me like the dirt at the bottom or his shoe. he only talks to me when he needs me. i just don't wanna be that person who cheats.

"are you ok" tate asks almost in a whisper as i release a huge breath i didn't even realise i was holding in.

"i cheated" i say feeling trashy as fuck. she sighs as i sit up. but as soon as i lay my eyes on her all the guilt i felt leaves. i lean down and place one soft kiss on her lips, yeah it was all worth it.

///
5th november
tate's pov

i couldn't sleep last night at all, don't know if it was the different setting or the million thoughts going through my mind but lets just say i haven't slept.

i have just been writing all night and thinking about things drastically. dixie kissing me kinda put me in shock i think and made me actually start thinking of things and how i feel.

i shove my notebook back in my bag as i see a tired looking brunette walking into the living room, rubbing her eyes and giving me a small smile as she sees me.

she sits down on the couch and puts her head in my lap, her forehead pressed against my stomach. i play with her hair soothingly as she tries to wake herself up a little.

"did it snow anymore" she mutters, her breath hitting my skin.

"i think so" i reply softly, looking over to the window but the blind is shut.

"can i ask you something?" she says, her eyes still plastered shut. "yeah" i mutter.

"are you mad that i kissed you?" she questions. i frown my eyebrows, feeling her nervousness towards the subject.

"no, why would i be mad?" i wonder

"cause you dont like me like that" she says, doubting herself. well that is not true one bit.

"and how do you know that, have you asked me?" i say smiling as she turns herself so she is lying on my back looking at me.

"i'm scared to"she admits sighing.

"i do like you dixie" i tell her. a warm smile grows on her face as she hears my words.

"i like you too".

//

we are both just waiting for breakfast too be finished but i'm just quickly going to get dressed. i left more clothes here than i expected.

i pull my blue jumper over my head and look at my self in the mirror, nodding and sorting my hair out.

my brother calls me so i shove my earphones in and head downstairs.

"yo" he says
"hey tucker" i reply.
"i dare you to try and go outside" he says.

i look over at the glass door to the back garden seeing a spot which is covered and has no snow. i smile to myself and go over.

"sure ill go outside" i say, opening the back door i can hear dixie chuckling behind me.

i step outside and the freezing cold air hits me, the snow beside the gazebo is very thick. i check the chairs and take a seat seeing they are dry. the cold is actually pretty nice when you have been stuck in a warm house all day.

"your such a cheat" tucker says, knowing exactly what i have done. "im going getting breakfast bye" and the phone call ends.

i scroll through my phone getting my camera out and taking a few photos of myself, the lightings good. i try to post on instagram as much as possible to keep everyone up to date.

 i try to post on instagram as much as possible to keep everyone up to date

liked by charliedamelio, finneas, lucy_vallely and 56,676 others

tatemcrae: life feels crazy rn and i jus wanted to say i love u

view all comments

charliedamelio: all that time being stuck with my sister got you sentimental.
dixiedamelio: ❤️
sabrinacarpenter: baby gal

"tate breakfast is ready" dixie shouts from inside, i stand up and re enter the house shutting the back door.

i grab a plate take it to the living room, sitting down on the couch. 

dixie turns on the tv, the news instantly coming on. "canada has been given the green light so start using the roads again, but be cautious and careful" the reader says.

i raise my eyebrows and look over at dixie who looks disappointed weirdly. "what's wrong?" i ask her, putting my plate on the table and turning to her.

"i don't want to go back and face being griffins little item again" she admits, turning onto her side so she is facing me. 

"i know, but we will have fun at my house, charlie's there and it looks like my brother is distracting griff anyway" i tell her. she nods slightly and i sigh.

why am i so nervous just to comfort her, i place my hand on her cheek running my thumb over her freckles. using every bit of confidence i have.

she brings her hands up to both sides of my neck and leans in, kissing me softly. i pull away and smile warmly.

"anyway let me eat and then we will get going" i say.