three

17th october

liked by tatemcrae, charliedamelio and 769,797 others

dixiedamelio: the sunset was pretty
view all 5868 comments

charliedamelio: my photography skills
giffinjohnson: baby

////

dixie will be here in half an hour and i'd be lying if i said i wasn't scared. i walk up and down my hotel room, catching small glimpses of myself in the mirror. i honestly still have no idea what to wear.

but in the end i just decide on some black sweatpants, white crop top and denim jacket. i guess this will do, its comfy enough to watch movies in.

"honey let's go down to reception and i'll wait with you before me and your dad go put for food" my mom says, sitting on my bed. i nod, shoving my phone into my jacket pocket and spraying myself with my favourite perfume.

/
my parents and i wait outside, the air a lot cooler than it has been all day. we all went out earlier and walked around hollywood boulevard. i have been to la many times but for some reason i haven't been around that area. it was cute anyway.

a few minutes later a range rover pulls up in front of the hotel, flashing their headlights. the black out windows roll down and i see the familiar face from yesterday.

"hey tate, get in" dixie says with a smile on her face. i give my parents a little wave and then climb in the front passenger seat.

she begins driving off onto the main roads, instantly getting stuck in the los angeles traffic. "how are you" the brunette says, turning her full attention to me.

"i'm good thank you, how are you" i say politely, my shyness taking over.

"im great"

the car then turns into an awkward silence as she begins driving again. "your shirts cute" i tell her, noticing her wearing the outfit from her instagram earlier.

"its actually griffins but thank you" she tells me as we pull up in the carpark. its different being with dixie than charlie. she is a lot more reserved and quiet.

"tate!" charlie exclaims, greeting me as i walk into their apartment. she gives me a hug and goes to sit down but her sister stops her.

"i need you to go and pick up the pizza" dixie says, handing over her credit card. the other brunette sigh and rolls her eyes.

i sit on the couch watching their sibling interaction, the older girl being the one in charge. it kind of reminds me of me and my brother, except he is just weird. charlie groans and leaves the apartment unwillingly, her sister looking pleased with her work.

dixie looks down at her phone as it vibrates in the palm of her hand. "excuse me one second" she says and walks away into the kitchen.

"i told you i don't want to talk to you right now griffin" i hear her from the other room. i better not listen i don't want her to think i'm eves dropping.

my eyes wonder around the room and stop on the large window which looks over los angeles. slowly, i stand up and walk over admiring all the lights which brighten up the city. its so pretty.

"your not coming over i don't want to see you"
"griffen no"
"fuck" dixie says as she enters the living room again, she throws her phone onto the couch and sighs walking over to me.

we both stand side by side just staring out of the window. "its pretty isn't it" she says, glancing at me. i nod.

"yeah, it is".

she comes over to me and takes my phone out of my hand, a grin on her face. i look at her with confusion as she collapses down on the couch. what is she doing.

"come on your friend wanted a video of me saying hi right, get in it with me" she says, patting the chair next to her. i smile and run my hand through my hair before sitting down to her right.

i watch her as she goes onto my camera and presses record, making sure were both in frame.

"heyyyy its dixie and i'm currently with your amazing best-friend tate" she says happily, throwing her arm around my shoulder taking me by surprise. her hand resting on the fabric of my denim jacket. charlie returns back to the apartment and her sister points the camera on her.

"say hi to lucy" she says as the younger girl smiles and comes closer.

"hey girl" she says and blows a kiss before walking to the kitchen and putting the pizza boxes down.

"ok bye lucy we love you" dixie says and i stick my tongue out at the camera before she finishes recording it.

//
after eating i kind of feel less awkward with them thankfully. "i want to show you something" dixie says, putting her hand out for me and standing up.

i take hold of it feeling her warm soft skin pressed on mine. she leads me into one of the bedrooms which i'm guessing is hers and pulls me into a dark closet.

"is this the part where i get murdered" i joke and she lets out a little giggle, i can no longer actually see where she is.

out of nowhere she presses a switch and hundreds of fairy lights come on. the whole closet is filled with them, on the walls, the ceiling everywhere.

taking me by surprise i hear the shutters go off on her phone signalling that she has taken a photo. "did you just take a picture of me" i ask, looking at her in confusion.

"yeah it looks cute" she says, shoving her phone back in her pocket. "oh here your necklace is twisted". dixie stands closer to me and starts untwisting, her hands brushing on my chest. her brown eyes meet mine as she intimately gazes at me for a little while.

"dix, griff is here" charlie shouts into her bedroom. the brunette in front of me runs her hand through her hair and sighs loudly.

"save me" she mutters before leaving the room, looking back to see if i'm following.

continued in the next chapter :)