six

21st october
tate's pov

today is the day i perform on jimmy kimmel and also the last day i am in los angeles. honestly i have loved every part of it. met some amazing people who i never thought i would and now im ending my trip with something that is a huge achievement for me.

"how has everything been?" my best friend lucy asks, her face appearing on my phone as i lay on the hotel room bed.

"amazing i have enjoyed it, also you will be so jealous charlie and dixie are so nice, i have been with them nearly everyday" i explain to the blonde haired girl coming out of my speaker.

the last few days i spent a lot of time with the girls and we all get along well. dixie is very reserved and kind of laid back, she is having problems with her boyfriend at the moment so im guessing thats why. but there's something about her that makes her so intriguing.

charlie on the other hand is completely different, and in some way we are very similar. she is also a dancer like me which we have bonded well over, she is very outgoing and excitable which is fun.

"i'd love to meet them one day, i miss you a lot" lucy says softly.

"i miss you too, i'll be back early tomorrow" i tell her and she nods.

"ok good luck tonight ill be watching, bye bye" she says smiling widely.

"bye" i mutter before ending the call. anyway i better get going. my makeup girls will be at the studio any minute.

i rush out of my hotel room and meet my parents outside in the car. we drive the short journey finding the jimmy kimmel building. i am so fucking nervous i cant even explain.

/

at the entrance we meet up with my choreographer michelle and my beauty girls before we are escorted in by security.

i look around not knowing really what to expect, until i see a door with my name on it. now this feels real.

the dressing room is very modern, looks like it has just been decorated. huge mirrors, couches and little fridges everywhere. more than i ever need.

"ok we better get you ready gorgeous" my makeup girl says, patting the chair where i sit down.

///

liked by dixiedamelio, sabrinacarpenter and 13,787 others

tatemcrae: tune in @jimmykimmellive 😚
view all comments

lucy_vallely: yesssss girllllll
charliedamelio: 👁👄👁

the dressing room door opens and by suprise dixie, charlie and griffin walk in. i had no idea they were coming.

"we couldn't miss seeing you perform" charlie explains, hugging me tight. i am really happy they are here.

"you look fucking amazing" dixie tells me, looking a little shy and anxious. i send her a warm smile, "thank you so much" i reply.

"get them dancer abs" charlie says, poking my tanned stomach a little. i laugh and shake my head. shortly after a producer comes in room letting me know its time. everyone leaves to take their seats in the audience.

i take a deep breath standing behind the microphone, my right hand placed on it softly. "performing her hit song you broke me first, tate mcrae" jimmy announces.

the lights turn on and i appear in front the small crowd who cheers. i hate performing in a place that has less people, its a lot more intimidating.

"maybe you dont like talking to much about yourself, but you shoulda told me you were thinkin bout someone else. your drunk at a party or maybe its just that your car broke down. or your phone been off for a couple months your calling me now" i sing.

once i get into the first chorus i can feel my nerves going as i begin getting more confident.