Chapter 4

https://www.goodnovel.com/book/Love-A-Lie-The-Billionaires-Betrayal_31000628178

Valerie

I groaned feeling the sunshine hurting my eyes. Turning my face to the other side I glanced at the clock to find that it was eight-thirty in the morning.

Shit, I was going to be late! I tried to get up but there was a hand around my waist holding me down.

Slowly removing Aiden's hand from my waist I made a quick tour of the bathroom to get ready. I almost stumbled upon myself as I tried to grab clothes, the mess I had made from today's early morning trying to find something appealing to wear for Aiden needed to be cleaned up but I just left it for later on.

When I walked back into the bedroom, Aiden was awake perched up on the headrest looking at me intensely. I applied the lipstick with my eyes glued to his eyes in the mirror. I could see from the way he bit his lower lips that he was having naughty thoughts. I couldn't lie but he looked so sexy that for a second I had a thought about pouncing on him in that instant. Gathering his clothes that were scattered on the floor I threw them at him while giving him a wink and an air kiss.

"Where you off to my lady?" he asked, putting his clothes on. I forgot how sexy his voice hit off in the morning. It was panty-melting

"To the office," I pouted giving him a sad smile before turning around to get my makeup done.

"What am I supposed to do then?" He asked as he got into his pants. I looked at him with an eyebrow raised and a tilt of my head. I was having dirty thoughts as I saw him dressing himself up.

"You know I'm technically on leave..." I knew he was just telling but deep down I was feeling guilty. I wish I could get away from work. The way he pouted I felt guilty too.

"I promise to make it up to you tonight," I said facing towards him. I knew I had to come up with something and I was sure that I would be able to think of worthy.

"How would you do it?" he questioned while grabbing me by my waist and bringing me close. Our lips were just inches apart. I could feel his breath fanning my cheeks and the way his tongue poked out wetting those lips. Yes, it was too sexy for my good.

"That's a surprise," I whispered, kissing him which he reciprocated with the same enthusiasm.

"Now I've got to go," I said pulling back to which Aiden graned in denial. "See you tonight," I moved out of his embrace quickly because I was sure another minute and I would be naked. I picked up my bag from the living room and rushed to my office as my life depended on it.

I felt bad for leaving him like that but I knew Aiden could take care of himself. That man needed a break too for heaven's sake. He was always working.

Getting into work I was greeted with the sight of a cheerful Melanie, my secretary, and that too at the building gates of our office.

"You look giddy. Do we have a new assignment?" I knew her too well. Only new assignments get her so giddy especially those of which I did not know about. She has been beside me for more than three years and it was a great working relationship.

"Yes, and I'm going to hold back on this one. I'm quite excited about this one!" Her enthusiasm spoke volumes.

"Is it someone's wedding?" I asked entering the office, closely followed by Mel. Weddings were this girl's fun task. She could plan weddings all around the year and not get tired of them at all.

"Not someone's wedding. It's Laura Witnicks's wedding! The rich heir! Everyone says she's beautiful. She's been signed by Dior to promote their new—," I cut her off with a raised brow and she immediately grew silent.

"Are you done with her bio, Mel?" I asked to which she just gave me a pout. She could be surely a kid sometimes.

"Yeah," she replied.

"Now, tell me about what is on the schedule for today?" I asked, turning on my laptop.

"We have to look at plans for Evan's Corporation for their annual charity ball and submit them to Ms. Williams by tomorrow. Then we've got a meeting with Laura Witnick for her wedding around one in the afternoon, besides these two items you got nothing much on your schedule." She once again looked through her tablet as I gave her questioning eyes. Now something felt wrong. I was sure that I had some pretty even to cover up due to which I had been staying here day and night.

"Ms. Williams gave the Carlton party over to someone else because she wants your concentration on Laura's wedding." I almost snapped the pen in my hand as I tried to control my anger. The whole project that had my name written over it was handed over to someone else. All my hard work and I wouldn't get my name over it. I surely knew this Laura came with a huge bank account but fuck my hard work came with a lot more.

"Where is Ms. Williams?" I was going to have a little chit-chat with my boss.

"Umm," Melanie fidgeted as she stood there."She is out on two days' leave." You have got to be fucking kidding me. This was her being pure bitchy. I stared at Meanie for long five minutes before sighing in frustration.

"Go and get the files for the charity ball, and please, also my cup of regular coffee." I requested. She immediately nodded and left my office.

Wedding events, I hated to plan those especially after I was ditched over Carlton's project like this.

All they want is roses, doves, and grand ice sculptures. It was all so lovely dovey. This was not my specialty. The day went on with charity ball plans and to learn that Carlton's project had not been assigned to anyone yet. I won't let anyone take that project from me.

I was so engrossed in work that I didn't realize that it was time to meet Laura for the wedding plans.

"Mel, let's go meet Laura," I ordered her walking out of my office. We were supposed to meet her in one of her father's hotels at one in the afternoon and I was hoping that she would cancel it out at the last minute. I was not a fan of weddings. When we arrived, I waited patiently in the lobby while Mel went to reception to inform them that we were there, yet we had to wait for half an hour before we could meet up with her. what a great day I was having! Note the sarcasm.

"Valerie, she is ready to meet us in the restaurant. It's this way," Mel led me towards the restaurant. As we made our way towards a table I could see where two good-looking women were seated. Both of them looked young and yeah they spoke money in their outfits.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Witnick," Mel greeted the woman dressed in a peach-colored dress. I could smell the expensive perfume from where I stood

"Good afternoon, you must be Valerie. It's finally great to meet you. Ms. Williams talked about you a lot," her voice was nice but she was misunderstood between me and Mel.

"No, you are getting it all wrong," Mel replied quickly. "I'm her secretary, Melanie, this is Miss Valerie," she introduced me stepping sideways as I came forward. She stared at me openly and I turned towards Melanie asking her through my eye gestures that was there something on my face.

"Oh," Were the first words that came out of her mouth as she kept on staring at me. I gave her a questioning look but she just kept on looking at me. Was something wrong with me or was it with her?

https://www.goodnovel.com/book/Love-A-Lie-The-Billionaires-Betrayal_31000628178

Read more on Goodnovel! An episode is released daily!