Chapter 30 A Pep Talk

Start from the beginning

The news of the second murder spread like wildfire. During that 4 month school ban, most parents pulled their kids out of the school or figured out ways to work from home.

Luckily and unluckily, (Y/n)'s mom—Nari (L/n)—still hasn't gotten the news about the killings. It left (Y/n) more time to investigate and try and solve the killings while not worrying her mother.

If (Y/n)'s mom heard about all this, (Y/n) would immediately be pulled from school and most likely move away. Not by choice of course. More like... forced persuasion.

(Y/n) stood up and swiftly put her books away. "And where are you going in such a hurry?" (Y/n) looked up, confused.

In front of her was the girl that she so vividly remembers.

"Oh look! She's going to cry!"

I bite my lip and look down. She laughs heavily and gets near my face. "What are you going to do? Cry again? Crybaby." She laughs and pushes me. I stumble but stay up. She just laughs and walks off. (I think you all know what to do. Hate time~ Send hate to this random girl pleasseee~ 😌💅✨)

I take in a few deep breaths to make sure I don't cry.

I toss my bag on my back and start to walk. I end up walking to the nurse's office.

I can hear Kirikaku talking to the nurse. I place my hand on the door handle. I bite my lip.

———

"I'm sorry..." I sigh.

"What for?" She raises a brow.

"I haven't been able to make a lot of progress with the killer profile..." I rub my temple.

Mrs. Kyohaku sighs before setting down a folder. "I think you're doing just fine. It's not your job to catch a murderer in the first place, nor is it your job to solve a case that is in the hands off the police and detectives."

I give a curt nod. "Still doesn't feel like I accomplished much." She hums and taps her finger on the desk.

"Why don't you tell me what gender you think they are then."

I nod. "Female. Females are meticulous and are good at planning things. It's an amazing feat that the murderer hasn't been caught yet, and have been able to get the jump on the... the..." I nod my head at Mrs. Kyohaku to try and signal what I'm trying to say. She seems to understand and nods. "I think that this puts them as a female."

She nods. "A female student?" I nod. "High school." She raises a brow. "What makes you say that?"

"Well, whenever a college student comes over to the high school everyone talks and word gets around pretty quickly. Meaning that whoever killed..." I gulp. "Mitsuo, would have to be a high school student. Even during club hours this goes around. It's basically the norm, a college student comes over, people talk, everyone knows the college student it here." She nods in understanding.

"That makes sense. How have you all been by the way.. with, Ai... and Sakiya.."

My breath hitches as she mentions the two. "Well..." I start.

"Everyone hasn't been talking.. and there's clearly tension between us. It looks like some of us might apologize though."

She nods. "That's good to know- and how are you and Minako?" I start to fidget with my fingers as she stares at me.

"Well... we aren't on the best terms right now... but, I'm planning on apologizing to her later. Maybe tomorrow.. I don't know. We said- everyone said some pretty harsh things that day." I mutter.

She sighs and stands up. She places a hand on my shoulder and rubs it comfortingly. "It's alright, once you apologize I'm sure that you two will be together at the hip again." She smiles. I can't help but smile back at her as I stand up.

"Okay, I'll go right now! I think I can catch her still!" Mrs. Kyohaku smiles and nods as she goes back to her desk. "Thanks a lot Mrs. Kyohaku! You're really nice!" I grin at her. She gives me a surprised look before smiling back at me and waving me goodbye. I wave back and run off.

———
(???) POV
———

I whistle as I skip down the halls. It's empty so no one can judge me for going all Dorthy like.

My phone vibrates in my back pocket causing me to stop. I pull it out and do a few cool flips with it before dropping it. "Shit!" I reach out to grab it but someone else grabs it first. My eyes widen, panicked.

"Bossman?" They giggle. I nervously chuckle. "Yep, that's what I call my.. dad."

They hum as I look up at them. (H/c) hair, (e/c) eyes, short stature, female. My breath stops.

(Y/n) (L/n).

She gives me a weird look before giving my phone back. "Okay thennn.. try not to drop your phone too much, cracks are a pain." She chuckles before waving. "Guess I'll talk to you later. Bye!" She runs off.

I shake my head in a slight daze. Did that just happen?

I slowly open my messages and read the latest text.

'It's time.' I struggle to keep in a squeal of delight as I start to skip down the hallway.

'Really?! Why the change??'

I stare at my phone as I continue to skip.

'You haven't noticed? The group has been arguing with each other. They aren't talking, neither are Kirikaku or (Y/n). It's time.'

I let out an airy laugh.

'You got it Bossman! Can I have fun with her this time though?'

I wait.

'Fine. Just make sure to do it discreetly. Have fun and don't fuck this up.'

I roll my eyes but smile none the less.

'You got it boss! I won't let you down.'

They reply.

'You won't, because you know what will happen if you do.'

I nervously chuckle and put my phone away.

"Well well well, I guess it's just my lucky week." I clap in joy.

'What a shame... I was actually starting to like (Y/n). Oh well, a job is a job. I can't wait to see how Kirikaku- or darling will react.'

———
A/N: 👀 That's some tea