Awakened

Awakened

     After getting lost a few times, I finally found the command deck. At some point, Tony had taken his suit off and was sitting at a table in his normal clothes. Steve was sitting at the other end of the table and Fury was standing and giving them both a lecture. They all turned to look at me when I walked in, but Tony quickly looked away. 

"Sorry to interrupt," I told them, "I got lost." I took a seat next to Tony and waited for Fury to continue.

"As I was saying," Fury started, "Agent Coulson confronted Loki and was severely injured. He is currently in a coma induced by sever blood loss. We're not sure if he'll pull through the night, or not." Fury sighed and reached into his pocket for something. "These were in his jacket. Guess he never did get you to sign them." Fury threw the Captain America antique trading cards on the table. Some of them were still covered in blood. I stared at the cards and tuned Fury out. I was too tired and to caught up in my own thoughts to keep listening. Coulson wasn't dead. Loki didn't kill him, he listened to me. I sighed and smiled softly.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Tony asked and I looked up from my lap to look at him.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Tony, maybe we should-" Steve started to say, but was cut off by Tony.

"No, we're talking about going to war and she's over here smiling to herself." He was gripping the sides of his chair so tight with anger that his knuckles were white. My own anger was starting to rise and I laughed a bit.

"You wanna know where I was, Tony?" I asked him. "I was talking with Loki. I was trying to get him to trust me enough and spare Coulson."

"You suck at negotiations." Tony stared at me, almost challenging me.

"Agent Coulson is supposed to be six feet under right now, so I think I'm pretty fucking awesome." I stared back refusing to be the first to break eye contact. Tony finally gave in and looked away from me.

"Wait, so you changed something?" Steve asked. I looked away from Tony towards him and nodded.

"I liked Phil, he's adorable." I smiled. Tony scoffed beside me. I took a deep breath and turned my head to him.

"Tony, stop trying to find things to be angry at me for when you're really upset with our situation." I told him before I turned back to Fury. "So, Avengers?" Fury looked unimpressed with our arguing, but started explaining his plan for the Avengers Initiative.

"Kid," I heard Tony whisper from beside me. I turned my head slightly to look at him. "You're... right, I'm sorry. I'm frustrated and blaming you is easier." It was obvious that he didn't apologize often. It seemed foreign for him to do. I smiled softly and nodded, accepting the apology.

I focused back on Fury and yawned. I'd had a slight exhaustion headache for the past few hours now and it wasn't getting any better. Tony sighed and stood up in the middle of Fury's explanation of the Avengers.

"Come on." He said to me and walked out of the room. I looked between him and Fury, confused, before getting up and running after him.

"Tony, where are we going?" I called out to him. He stopped and waited for me to catch up.

"You'll see." He told me when I fell into step with him. Tony led me down a few halls and into a room. The room had a single cot against the left wall, a chair in the corner, a small dresser against the right wall, and a mirror and sink on the back wall. "We have a couple of hours before we leave. Lay down and get some shut eye." Tony told me once we entered the room.