B.A.R.F.

I was running late, first day back from winter break and all, but I got to my class about fifteen minutes before the bell rang. I had already written our objective for the day on the board and got everything ready, so I wasn't rushed.

     Kids started trickling in five minutes later and I was waiting to see Peter. I was excited to see him. He was just starting out as Spider-Man. He probably didn't have his makeshift suit or even his hero name yet, but he was working toward it.

     I knew Peter would look different after the transformation his new powers gave him, but I wasn't expecting just how drastic that change would be. No glasses, lighter brown hair, lean muscles, and he grew about a foot.

"Wow." I commented, my eyes wide. Peter smiled shyly and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Ya, I know... growth spurt." He shrugged. At this point, I just wanted to know what kind of excuses he'd give me.

"And, the glasses?" I asked.

"Contacts." He told me.

"Your hair's also lighter and you actually have some muscle now."

"Y-ya, I was... outside a lot. Helping a neighbor with some yard work. Guess I put on some muscle." He explained. It was a good lie, but he was not a good liar. His voice was shaky the entire time he spoke.

"Well, good for you, Peter. I told you, you wouldn't be awkward forever." I smiled and Peter jumped when the bell rang. "Alright, get to your seat. We have a lot to cover today."

The rest of the month went smoothly, though Loki got bored a lot and started pulling pranks on the students and faculty. He tried to get me once, but I knew his tricks and what his magic felt like, so he failed miserably. He did get some good reactions from the others he cause mischief to, however. Well, more like terror. Flooding the gym, locking everyone's lockers, illusions of spiders running down the hallway, creatures coming up from toilets, he had a great time enjoying the chaos.

Halfway through February, we had an entire two weeks that the school was snowed in, so the kids had assignments sent to them via email and when they were done, they sent it back to be graded.

During this time, Spider-Man made his debut. The news papers kept reporting on someone swinging and jumping off of buildings in a red and blue sweat suit. I made sure that Tony was keeping an eye on Peters attempts at hero work, but I also got in time alerts on my phone whenever something happened in Queens, just to know he was safe.

It was a Saturday, I was eating lunch when Sam burst into the living room with his falcon suit on.

"Sammee! Sammee, look what Tony gave me!" He said, practically bouncing in excitement. I raised my brows in a 'what?' sorta way. He raised his left arm, where there was a touchpad on his forearm. He tapped a few things before a small drone popped off his suit.

"Oh, you finally have Redwing!" I smiled after I swallowed my bite of food.

"Red- wait, you already knew I was getting this?" Sam asked.

"Of course I did." I laughed.

"Redwing... huh?"

"That's what you name it." I smiled in amusement and sat back in my chair, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Was it this cool in the comics?" Sam asked with a smirk, which I snorted at.

"Well, in the comics, Sam Wilson is a superhuman who can talk to birds. Redwing is an actual falcon." I told him. His face morphed into confusion.

"Talk to birds? Why can't I talk to birds?" He asked, I shrugged.

"In the comics, you got powers from the cosmic cube."

"Cosmic cube?" Steve asked as he strolled in from the kitchen, drinking a water and breathing heavily from his workout. "You mean the Tesseract?" He questioned. I shook my head.

"No, in the comics the cosmic cube and the Tesseract are separate things. For some reason in the movies they made them the same. Makes no sense if you ask me. The cosmic cube is how a lot of people got powers." I explained. They both hummed and nodded along.

"Anyway, Tony said he needed to show you something in the lab." Sam told me and gestured behind him with his thumb.

"Ok, thanks." I sighed and took the last bite of my food before putting my plate away and going to the lab.

The framework for a small, stand alone room with one of the walls taken down sat in the open lab. There were a few boxes in the unfinished room, but nothing else.

"Finally, you take forever, you know that?" Tony grumbled.

"I was in the middle of eating."

"Cool, I don't really care. I finally finished something big. Wanted you to see it first." Tony said as he gestured for me to come closer.

"Why not Pepper?" I questioned, turning to face him when he walked behind me.

"Ya, ya, she's next, but she won't appreciate the science of it." Tony waved off and moved me by my shoulders to sit in a chair, facing the opened wall of the small room. "Ready?" He asked. I nodded hesitantly, but gasped a second later when a scene of a young Tony with his parents started playing in the room.

"Oh, my god!" I stared in awe. "B.A.R.F! You finally made it." I smiled. Tony immediately deflated.

"Ya, I really need to work on that acronym. Binarlly Augmented Reto-Framing." He grumbled to himself. "More importantly, you know about this?" Tony's voice raised, so I could hear him.

"What's with people forgetting I know everything about your futures today?" I questioned.

"Well, I didn't think this would be in the movies since my movies are over." Tony said, still upset that he couldn't surprise me completely.

"There's a scene on the showcase you do at M.I.T., don't worry, nothing bad happens there." I assured him quickly.

"So, M.I.T. is the start of a shit show..." Tony sighed heavily.

"I don't know actually." I honestly told him. "I changed the events that lead up to it, so I don't think so."

"What was going to happen?" Tony asked me. I froze, not knowing if it was ok to say now. "Come on, if you stopped the events, then why can't you tell me?" Tony asked. Was he challenging me?

"It was the civil war within the Avengers. In the movies, no one died, but in the comics... a few did, there were also a lot more of you, though." I told him.

"Civil war... would you pick my team, though? Ya know, the winning team?" Tony questioned with a smirk.

"No, I wouldn't choose anyone's team." I told him seriously.

"Well, who won?" Tony asked with furrowed brows.

"No one," I sighed, "not a single person won."

Tony's amusement vanished at my words. He was thinking deeply, not registering that I was even there anymore, until his computer beeped at us. Both of us snapped our head to the screen. A flashing red rectangle with some type of message displayed.

Tony took the B.A.R.F.'s technology glasses off and rushed to the screen, reading through the message before clicking it away. He typed something and read some more data. After he was silent for a few minutes, he stepped back and turned to me, staring me directly in the eyes.

"FRIDAY, call an emergency team meeting, conference two."

"Yes, Sir. What is the meeting on?" FRIDAY asked. Tony didn't blink.

"We have a location on Rumlow."

Welcome to the start of the Civil War Arc 😈

Cast your predictions now...

Discord: https://discord.gg/HdbrjchU