Happy

It was much later in the day, but still a few hours before the party. Wanda and I were working on how to protect my mind from other enhanced or anything else that could try to get into my head. And, just like everything else related to my Mind Stone related abilities went, it wasn't going well.

My head hurt from her constantly breaking through the mental walls I put up. It was honestly getting sad. I really needed a break. A break that was finally granted when none other than Sam Wilson threw open the door to the training facilities.

"What is up, party people?" He yelled into the room and dropped a duffel bag onto the floor.

"Sam?" I quickly got off the floor where Wanda and I had been sitting cross-legged and facing each other, and fast walked over to wrap Sam in a hug.

"The one and only." He smiled at me and hugged me back.

"I thought you weren't coming until next week." I said as I pulled back to look at him. His work at the V.A. was almost done and he was finally moving into the compound, but that was supposed to be next week.

"I got done early and Tony said he had a surprise for me." Sam explained before turning to where Steve was walking up to us. "Plus, I had to be here to wish a happy ninety-seventh birthday to an old man."

     Steve rolled his eyes at Sam's teasing and brought him into a typical guy hug.

"I get enough of that from Sammee and Tony." Steve grumbled as he stepped back.

"Well, add another name cause I've got my partner in crime back!" I smiled mischievously.

"I thought Bucky was your partner in crime?" Sam said with a questioning look.

"No- well, he was technically my partner in actual crime, this is just metaphorical crime."

"Right..." Sam nodded before turning back to Steve. "You got a few minutes to show me where my room is?"

"Ya," Steve told him, "we're done here anyway. We've got to get ready for the party tonight."

"Thank-fucking-Christ!" I sighed and turned to leave. I didn't want to be anywhere near the training room if I didn't have to be there.

"Sammee..." Steve scolded. He didn't like when I took the lords name in vain.

"Sorry, church boy." I called and waved over my shoulder without looking at him. I could hear Sam laugh as I continued out the door and down the hallway.

The party started at eight PM, it was almost five now, which meant I had three hours to get ready. It was way more than I needed anyway. I showered and got dressed in comfy clothes since I planned on taking a nap before the party. Using all that mental energy with Wanda was exhausting.

"Are you alright, Kitten?" Loki asked when he saw me laying in bed.

"Tired." I mumbled and nuzzled my face into the pillow more. I heard him laugh before the bed dipped with his weight as he got in beside me. His arms wrapped around me and he pulled me to him before kissing my shoulder.

"Then, get some rest. I'll wake you in a few hours to get ready for the party." Loki told me. I nodded before relaxing into a dreamless sleep.

     Loki woke me up an hour before the party, so I slept for about two hours. I was ready quick enough since I didn't have to do much. I got dressed in black jeans and a silver, chain-metal, halter top before putting my hair up with a hair clip. I didn't bother with accessories or makeup. It was only our friends. If I didn't dress way up for them any other day, why would today be any different?