Sun and Moon

(Not the Pokemon series-)

"Is she awake yet?" A concerned Chat Noir stopped over the body of his unconscious partner.

"I think she'll need an hour or two more. That stunt she pulled earlier already made her condition worse. Her akumatizing more people and also fighting Darkbug at the same time made things hard for her." Nooroo replied grimly.

"I see."

"...Thank you..."

Startled by the sudden shift in the atmosphere, Chat looked at Nooroo who was currently gazing at him with an intense look of gratitude in his eyes.

"-For what?" He hesitated.

"For taking care of Mar-" bubbles emerged from his mouth and as if he suddenly realized a grave mistake, his eyes shot open momentarily before regaining composure.
"For taking care of Iris. She's-really reckless from time to time and not having someone by her side to stabilize her would have been painful as well as draining. So, thank you for just being there for her."

Chat felt a sense of warmth inside of him. All his life he had never thought that he could be capable of receiving such gratitude for just-being there. His heart swelled in his chest and the fact that the possibility of receiving such emotions almost every day need him so so happy.

His father had been cold ever since his mother disappeared and his house had been so ever since.

So having someone thank him for just existing felt-new. He was so happy ever since he got the miraculous of the black cat. His happiness increased with the fact that people like Marinette and Lady Iris were a part of his otherwise cold and empty life.

Chat felt himself blush, due to Nooroo's sincerity. He replied flustered, "I-I should be the one thanking you two. You have changed my life so much that I can not even compare it to my previous one in certain aspects. Also, Iris is always taking hits for me, (and I really hope she stops doing that) so I think it's my duty as her partner that I look out for her too. She always does so much for me. And I always look forward to our late-night training sessions. Not to mention, she always sorta places me on a higher pedestal than herself (which, again, I hope she stops doing) so I wanted her to realize that I see her as my equal and her life's really important to me. She is far more important than anything else to me." Chat said.

Nooroo said nothing. He could only watch this boy ramble so truly about the one who loved.

"I wish I could give her a lot more than what she does for me. But I can't. She's always a hundred steps ahead of me and I can't even catch up!" Chat laughed.

Then, smiling sadly, he looked up at Nooroo.

"But honestly, I don know how she does it. I can't even give her my moon when she gave me her sun."

"..."

"..."

"Boi, you smitten."

"I know."

"Don't think too much about it. You'll find your answer someday. Who knows what else you'll find. So, don't give up. " Nooroo replied.

"...I won't. Thanks, Mr. Nooroo."

"Again, boi wtf-"

*

"Marinette DUPAIN-CHENG. SAY 'FIVE MORE MINUTES' ONE MORE TIME AND I AM GOING TO SMITE YOU." Nooroo mid-speech took up a heavy African accent and shook the sleeping beauty (CelestialWolfAuthor ayyy) in a vain attempt to wake her up.