With You

"M-M'lady...?"

"Hi. Finally nice to meet you in person." Iris smiled.

Quickly turning around and wiping his tears as quick as a flash, Chat Noir put on his signature smirk and swooped in to kiss her hand.

"Woah Woah, easy there, kitty." She jerked her hand away from his lips as soon as he wiped his tears.

Which was very quick, might I add.

"So, what brings you here an hour early?" Chat Noir masked his disappointment as soon as it came and asked as boldly as he could.

"I could say the same for you." She said, just as smugly.

"Well, I needed a breather. What about you? Why are you sweating?" He asked, curiously.

"I- uh... Ummm..."

"...?"

Iris sighed.

"Okay, I was not hoping to reveal this to anyone but oh well. I was training."

"I see. But why would you need to? I mean, aren't your chosen the ones who'll do the fighting?" Chat Noir asked.

"That's the point. I don't just want to sit around in my room shouting orders like a psychopath! I want to help you. All by myself."

"But you're already a lot of help."

"You're just saying that."

"No. I honestly was so horrified about the thought that I would have to fight a grown man and his oversized pets all by myself. Then, you showed up. That was, really... Nice. I felt happy to have at least someone with me and not... against me."

"Chat... Just what kind of life do you live under the mask? Why were you crying?  Why do you feel like everyone is against you? Why did I make you so happy?"

There were many questions she wanted to ask. But she knew she couldn't. So, in order to ask all of them, she asked none.

But said just one thing that she knew would make him feel better.

"I'm happy. For you. For me. For us. For Paris. I'm happy to just be here."

Chat looked at her.

He knew.

He knew what she meant.

"Thank you, Iris. For being here with me. Thank you for fighting alongside me. Thank you for talking to me. Thank you for consoling me. Thank you for just being in my life. Thank you for your light."

"Thank you, M'lady. For everything."

She smiled.

She knew it too.

And for a moment, both of them just stood bu the railing. Admiring their city.

Both of them had met each other just a few hours ago.

Then...

"Then why does it feel like I've known him for ages?"

"Then why does it feel like I've known her for ages?"

*

"You mean to say that you don't train AT ALL?" Iris gawked.

"No! And you train three hours EACH NIGHT!?"

"Damn that kwami, once I get my hands on you Nooroo, istg-"

Chat laughed.

Iris stared at him stupidly first.

Then burst out laughing herself.