Alright

It was over for Darkbug.

He knew that.

He could feel Mayura coughing back in the Agreste manor.

They had to find at least some way to fix that damned peacock miraculous.

He gave an unspoken message to Shade through his eyes. The latter affirming his course of action by a nod.

How was this going to end for Darkbug?

He did not know.

He looked ahead of him.

The superhero duo was well-rested and ready to go. They were talking about something which was out of his earshot.

'Should I attack them now when their guard is down?'

'No.'

'It's too late for that now.'

'Should I retreat?'

'That's probably the best option right now.'

'But-"

The two heroes turned towards him.

He had to retreat.

But his inflated ego wouldn't let him do that, would it?

Besides, he still had Shade.

He saw Iris get him back with a kick to his head, knocking him out when his guard was down.

'Annnnnnd he's down.'

Shade got back up. Even a defeated Darkbug got enough hope to fight.
Even if it was for a few minutes.

Chat was to take care of Darkbug.

Iris was hell-bent on getting back on Shade for kicking her on the head.

It was a matter of a girl's pride, after all.

'Listen, you have to stall until I call back Towerile. Then, he will make a diversion and you have to run away then. Don't even think about fighting now. Swallow your pride if you even want to exist as 'Darkbug' to avenge this. Please, sir. Just-Just listen to me once." Mayura coughed excessively.

Too defeated to protest, he acquiesced.

Stall.

He thought.

Just wait until Towerile comes.

He dodged a high kick thrown by Chat and countered by his right hook.

"GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR-"
A large rumble erupted, which shook the ground, causing all the people present on the scene to lose their balance.

It was Towerile.

He left Shade behind.

He was prepared to run.

While everyone was kept busy by Towerile who had somehow, despite his size, lost the three chosen, namely, Glaciator, Gamer and Gorizilla, Iris sent after him and came immediately to Darkbug's aid, the only person who seemed to catch on was Lady Iris herself.

Iris looked at him with that infamous murderous glance.

(insert 'run' meme here XP)

He had no choice now.

"Chat! He's getting away!" She screamed as she rushed to follow him, trusting her chosen to find and tame the beast.

"Not so soon, Irisssss."