chapter twenty - two

pannacotta fugo ;;

i stared at my ceiling, motionless.

i could barely even see it, really. it was pitch black. there was a bit of light from my window but that was just from car's headlights, probably going to or leaving work.

i sighed. i turned on my side and checked my phone. i squinted my eyes as the bright light hit my face.

4 : 27 am

No Notifications

i exhaled through my nose.

at least narancia returned my phone, i thought to myself and snickered.

that small laughter quickly left as the thought giorno ran over me. i thought about the fair.

at least i didn't hit anyone this time.

still, it wasn't good to explode on him like that.

especially after he let me in his home,

befriended me,

talked to me everyday,

and always tried to be kind to me.

i sigh again,

i miss him.

i pinch the bridge of my nose.

god, i literally loved him!
not even past tense! i-i still love him! and i yelled at him and called him a liar.

and god, with his whole problem with his religion shit, he's probably thinking god or some shit did this to him cause he's gay.
but that's not it at all! im just fucking stupid!

god, if he was here right now, i would be filled with endless apologies.

maybe my parents were right.

i cant have anything good for me without fucking it up.

"you always ruin a good thing with your anger, pannacotta!"

i look back at my phone and check the time again,

4 : 31 am.

i think for a moment.

i stand up from bed and grab a jacket that was laying on my floor.
i slowly creaked my door open and walked down the stairs and then carefully opened the door and exit outside.

i shut the door and feel the cold air hit me.

i take it all in for a second.

and then,

i ran.

i ran like my life depended on it.

giorno giovanna ;;

i sit on the couch, staring at the tv with a blank face.

it was pitch black in the living room. well- not really. the tv was the only source of light.

it was another rerun of say yes to the dress. i wasnt very invested in it, i just stared at the screen and thought.

i look over at the clock that hung on the wall, it was 4 : 42 am.

i groaned, i shouldn't even be awake at this hour. but i can't sleep either so... guess mindlessly staring at tv is alright for now.