Steve

She is not beside me when I wake.Her body is not next to mine.Her head is not on my chest.

All that remains of her is the faintest traces of her perfume.

But I hadn't expected her to be here when I woke anyway.

I expected her to flee the minute she had the chance.

And while I should be frantic and scared,I am not.

Deflated yes.Because there was the slightest glimmer of hope deep down within me that hoped she'd be beside me when I woke.

But I knew she wouldn't be.

And it hurts a little.

Last night seems like a blur.I remember kissing her and promising to never leave her.Then she requested that I lay with her.And so I did.

But I never remember falling asleep.I never remember her falling asleep either.I just remember the most important parts.The intimate moments we shared.

And those diminish the insignificant parts in a matter of moments.

I shove the covers away from my body and walk to the balconly staring out over the entirety of France.

The city we are in can't be far from Paris,because in the distance you can vaguely see the silhouette of the Eiffel Tower.

"You promised me a day on the town, Rogers."I turn to be greeted by her sweet lips.

My chest flutters and I melt into her soft kiss."Hi Natasha."

"Hi Steve."