20.) Provisional Licenses and the Battle of Childhood 'Friends'

I'm skipping the main ultimate moves parts cause it's boring tbh.

For the past couple days, the hero course has been training hard, working on ultimate moves. Kaida has been continuing to work on control of how big her explosions can get. She knows she can get that hero license without an ultimate move. An ultimate move isn't what's gonna get her through. It's gonna be control.

It's currently after school time, after dinner and before time to sleep, and the girls of 1A are gathered in the common room. The only reason that Kaida is there is because she made herself some chamomile and lavender tea with added cayenne pepper to help sleep before tomorrow. That and Mina dragged her over to them when she saw the blonde. Momo sits in the single chair, Jiro and Mina take up the loveseat, and Kaida, Tsu, and Ochaco take up the couch. Kaida sits on the end near Momo's chair with Tsu in the middle.

Mina groans, slumping back on the loveseat. "We're working so hard every day..."

"It's not called 'intensive training' for nothing," Kaida scoffs with an eye roll.

"Even so, there's less than a week left before provisional licensing exam..." Momo sighs.

"Yaomomo, how's your ultimate move coming?" Jiro asks.

Said girl thinks, placing her hand against her right cheek. "There's something I want to do, but my body can't keep up yet, so I need to develop my quirk a little more first."

"What about you, Bakubabe?" Jiro asks, turning the attention to the blonde.

Kaida grunts, swallowing the sip of tea she had in her mouth. "I'm not working on ultimate moves. I already have the full arm explosion move and my explosive puddles. I'm working on making a small explosion and control."

"What about you, Tsu?"

"I've perfected a move even more frog like than before," she answers proudly. "I'm sure you'll be surprised." She turns to Ochaco. "What about you, Ochaco?"

Said girl doesn't reply as she mindlessly drinks her strawberry milk.

"Pink cheeks!" Kaida shouts.

It still doesn't get her attention.

"Ochaco?" Tsu calls again, poking the girl's shoulder.

She breaks out of her trance with a scream, looking to her poker. "HUh?!"

"You seem tired," Tsu points out.

"Oh, no, I'm not tired at all! I'm just getting started!"

Everyone blinks at her.

"Weirdo..." Kaida mumbles into her mug as she takes another sip.

"At least... that's how it's supposed to be, but how do I put it...?" Her face flushes. "Recently, my heart's been feeling all stirred up..."

"It's love!" Mina immediately shouts.

Ochaco makes a weird squeaking like sound as her face flushes more. "Wh... What?! Glove?! Shove?! Dove?! I don't know what you're talking about!"

"Is it Midoriya, or Iida?" Mina interrogates. "You're always with them, aren't you?"

Kaida huffs out a laugh, seeing Uraraka shake her hands together back and forth.

"No, no, that's not it!" She covers her face with her hands which activates her quirk and makes her float off. "No, it's not, it's not!"

"Who is it? Which one? Who is it?" Mina repeats in different ways.

"Spit it out," Jiro grins. "You'll get a lighter sentence if you confess."

"That's not it, really! I really don't know anything about that stuff..."