Chapter 23

Narrator POV

"It makes sense!" Everyone was arguing on whether Calla was a Telepath or not. "Just think about it. Her parents are both Telepaths, and her mom is crazy powerful, so that would explain why she manifested a year before her dad did!" Linh definitely made good points.

"Yes, but... b-b-but... uhhhhhh," Biana started. "You know what? I give up. I think she is a telepath." She gave in.

"I am?" Calla grumbled. "I wanted to be an Empath! Like Uncle Keefe!"

"At least you got something useful. It's not always good feeling your mom's emotions, isn't that right, Lady Foss-Boss!"

"Lady Foss-Boss?"

"Long short, when Mysterious Miss F became a team leader in the nobility, the people who were included in this team, called their prestigious leader 'Lady Foss-Boss'. Exciting right?"

"I was hoping there was a daring adventure where you guys battled the Neverseen. Anyway, the point is, I want to tell if people are lying! I really, really, really want to send green breezes!"

"Sorry, Blossom, green breezes are a Keefe thing, not an empath thing. You know, 'cause of all the stuff my mom did..." There was a silence until Calla spoke up.

"Why'd you call me blossom?"

"Because you're named Calla, and the original Calla is now a tree, and the blossoms save lives, so I thought it was a good reference," He replied. "I thought you were smarter than this!" All Calla could do was roll her eyes.

"Oooooooookay! We got off track. If Calla has manifested before Foxfire starts, who will train her until then?" Sophie wondered.

"Uh, hello? The two most powerful telepaths, most powerful duo, most powerful cognates are her parents! I think you guys should train her!" Dex suddenly exclaimed. Fitz and Sophie glanced at each other, then glanced at their daughter.

"Suuuuuuuuuuuure?"

"Whad'ya mean 'sure'? She's your daughter!"

"I know," Sophie sighed. "I just don't know if we're ready for it, or if she is." She glanced at Calla.

"Of course I'm ready!" She argued. "I'm more ready than Uncle Keefe was for the Mallowmelt challenge!"

"Calla, it's not like that," Fitz told her. "If you really want to do this at such a young age, you're going to need someone more professional..."

"We can make some exceptions," A voice said. Everyone swirled around to see Magnate Leto.

"Exception?" Calla wondered. Sophie's eyes widened.

"No. No exceptions," Sophie said sternly.

"Why not?"

"Fitz, I want her life to be normal. I had to go through 'exceptions' and I became a freak. I don't want her to be different because of me."

"But mom, you're awesome, not a freak!"

Fitz ignored her. "Sophie, first of all, Calla is right. You are beautiful just the way you are. And everything you hate about yourself is all the reasons I lo-"

"Ugh, is it just me, or is this a Sophitz overload?" Keefe smirked.

Calla nodded her head in agreement. "I don't need to watch my parents get all gross."

"Yes! Team Ceefe for the win!"

"Wait a minute, that's just your name!" Calla complained.

"No, it starts with a 'c'!"

"What I mean is," Fitz cut in, "that she deserves better. She deserves to be trained. She deserves-"

"I KNOW WHAT SHE DESERVES!" Sophie yelled. "THIS IS ABOUT WHAT'S BEST FOR HER!"

"Keefe, out!" Keefe slipped out the door.

"But this is better for her-" Fitz continued.

"YOU- you have never gone through the things that I have. So don't think you know what's better for her!"

Fitz had nothing to say to that.

"I-I'm sorry," Sophie finally burst. "I've just always been afraid that our daughter is going to have a life that is just as bad as mine."

"Hey, your life isn't that bad. Some good things have happened!"

"Like what," she murmured.

"Look in front of you"

"Marrying you was pretty lucky." Fitz flashed a Keefe-like smirk.

"So I'm sure that things will be fine. We need to focus on the present. Not on the future and not on the past."

"You always have the right things to say," She smiled. I leaned in closer, kissing her.

"Ehm. There are children in the room," Calla interrupted. Biana gave her the why-did-you-do-that-they-looked-so-sweet look.

"You know what, you're right," Sophie finally agreed. "Magnate Leto...?"

"Of course." Magnate Leto smiled. "I was saying that we could have her skip to level one bu-"

"Uh, sorry for interrupting, but even I think that's not a good idea. She would always be the outcast, being two years younger," Fitz said immediately. Sophie gave him a thank you look.

"Yes, I was just about to say that. The second option would be to have someone train her at home, but if you two aren't comfortable with it, I know someone who might be of assistance."

"Yeah, we're not professional enough to teach her. So who exactly is this person?"

"I am your daughter's potential trainer." A male figure appeared from the shadows.

"Tiergan!?!" Fitz and Sophie exclaimed simultaneously.

"Ah, my favorite students, hello!"

"Excuse me? I am standing right here," Calla pouted.

"Well, Calla, I've been looking forward to meeting you! And for a fact, you are not my student yet. Your parents need to consent first."

"Okay," Sophie agreed.

"Excuse me, what?" Magnate Leto questioned.

"Okay, I think we're fine with it," She said again.

"I see, talking telepathically, eh?" Magnate Leto clarified.

"Yeah... why?"

"Nothing to worry about," He said casually.

"You sound like my dad," Fitz murmured.

"So I do get to train with him?" Calla asked.

"Yeah, you do."

"Shall we get started then?" Tiergan wondered.

"Right now? Isn't it a bit soon? It's her birthday!" Tiergan gave them a confused look.

"Alright, we'll start tomorrow.