Chapter 21

Sophie POV

I hear a cry come from by the wall. I get up for what feels like the millionth time to check on Calla.

"Shhh. It's okay, it's okay," I try to persuade her. I lift Calla into my arms and cradle her. Fitz got up too, looking extremely groggy.

"I'll get you a formula," He told me. I gave the milk to Calla, who calmed down, but was still wide awake.

"Oh, we can try something humans do!" I realized.

"I'm listening."

"In the womb, the sac is filled with liquid. There is this human device that simulates that."

"Okay, you stay here. I'll buy this simulator from the forbidden cities and be right back."

Fitz leaped away in a flash. I kissed Calla's cheek.

"Hey, it's okay." I said when she started sobbing again. "Rockabye baby on the treetop," I sang. But I stopped when I got to the part that goes 'All will fall baby and all!' because I realized how messed up the lyrics were.

"Okay, I got it." Fitz had arrived.

"Great! She's really awake now." We put the device under her mattress. Her eyes slowly shut. She slightly cooed. Then her breathing turned heavy and she drifted off to sleep.

"That... actually worked!" He whispered.

"Mhm." I admired my baby's beautiful eyes and her shining complexion.

"I love you," Fitz mumbled into my ear. I smiled.

"I love you too." Then we shared a small kiss.

A/N Sorry this was short and boring! More of a filler chapter :)