Chapter 17

Sophie's POV

"Dad?" I asked. "Mom?"

"Hi, sweetie!" Edaline ran to give me a big hug. "How's it going in Lilygrotto?"

"Things are interesting. We actually came to tell you and Dad something."

"Ooh! GRADY! COME DOWN HERE! SOPHIE'S HERE!" Grady ran down the stairs.

"Okay. Ummm, I'm... pregnant." I blurted.

Grady's eyes widened as Edaline exclaimed, "OHMYGOSHREALLY?!?"

I nodded.

"What's going on in the Ruewen household?" A familiar voice filled my ears.

"Keefe?"

"Whassup, Foster? Or should I say Mrs. Vacker?"

"Hi, Keefe!" Fitz sounded happy to see him.

"Fitzy, my man!!" He patted Fitz's back.

"Soooo, I heard Edaline screaming. What's the news?"

"Wait for us!!!" Biana and Dex screamed.

"How come everyone is here?" I asked.

"Grady said there was some news! We came straight away."

"Okay, you're all here, so I'm just going to show you. Biana, here." I handed her the test. Then I closed my ears, ready for a LOT of screaming, and squealing, and yelling.

"Sophie! YOU'RE PREGNANT????!!!!!?????" I couldn't tell who was saying congratulations, who was just finding out, and who was hugging me. But I could tell who had kissed me on the cheek. I kissed Fitz back, full on the lips. The chaos finally calmed down.

"When are you having the baby shower? When's the due date? I am an aunt, right! Oh, I just realized I'll be an aunt!" Biana exploded like a bomb.

"We don't know, November 1st, Yes you are." Fitz kept track of all the questions.

"Fitz! Sophie!" Grady's voice boomed. I glanced nervously at Fitz.

"I told you, you were not supposed to start for A FEW HUNDRED YEARS!"

"Dad, look I'm sor-"

"Wait. You guys didn't obey."

"Grady-"

"WAIT! But I think it wouldn't have happened unless it was meant to. And you're providing me - us - with a grandchild. To be honest, I have been way too overprotective and unsupportive, in your marriage, which seems to be the best thing that happened to my daughter, the child, which I sincerely apologize for, and many other things. I'm really, really sorry," He heaved. I looked at Fitz, then Edaline. All at once we burst out laughing.

"Wha- what? What's so funny?"

"Dad, you think we're mad?"

"Well, that's what I had assumed."

"No! It's nice to know that you're watching my back."

A/N More coming soon!