9

I get woken up by Jordan shaking me about something. "VENUS GET UP YOU NEED TO SEE THIS!" She tells me.

"Huh?" I say finally waking up.

"The song YOUR SONG IT WANT VIRAL!" She yells.

I grab my phone off the charger and open Instagram to see 50k likes, 30k new followers, and 10k comments.

Well at least I know that I should pursue music. I check my dms just too see what people were saying. And I see one from Sysco. I don't think I ever opened a message so fast.

It reads:Hello my name is Mark I'm part of recruiting new artists to our label call the number 684-260-6393 (not a real number) if interested.

I sat there in shock for a second before Jordan grabs my phone and reads the message under her voice.

"OMG DO IT NOWW!" She said still yelling. She plopped herself on my bed next to me waiting for me to call.

I copied the number into my phone.

Ring
Ring
Ring
Ring

"Hello this is Mark with Syco." A man with a high voice said.

"Hi this is Venus. You dmed me this morning about signing me." I tell him.

"Oh yes I remember you, Simon Cowell himself wants to meet with you when is a good time for you I have a 1 O'clock and a 3 O'clock but you don't have to do it today." He says before he gets quiet waiting for me to answer.

"Um 1 is fine with me." I say

"Great I'll let him know and I'll see you at 1." He says before hanging up.

"Sooooo?" Jordan ask.

"Simon Cowell wants to meet with me and maybe he wants to sign me or something but I have a meeting at one so yeah!" I say getting out of bed.

I look at my phone and see it's 10:48 I do the math in my head and set alarms for everything I do. I get into the shower and then make my way to the closet.

 I get into the shower and then make my way to the closet

I picked out that outfit.

I got downstairs and ate cereal ready quick. "J IM LEAVING BYEEE!" I yelled as I walked out the door. I got into my car and put in the directions.

I walk into the building and see a man in a dress shirt and khakis with glasses on. "Hi I'm Venus I have a meeting with Simon Cowell in a couple minutes." I say to him.

"Hi I'm Mark we spoke on the phone walk right through those door and make a right he's already in there!" He say pointing down the hall.

I give him a nodding smile and take a few breaths before I open the door. I walk in and see him on his phone I clear my throat.

"Hi Venus come in have a seat!" He says while adjusting his glasses. I walk in and sit across from him.

"So I brought you here today because your voice is beautiful and your song writing has potential to be amazing I really want to see where I can take you because with a voice like that you could be a star." He stares at me with a sturn look on his face.

"Thank you very much but that was my first time ever showing my singing or song writing to anyone that isn't my family." I say laughing a bit.

"Well you have talent and with my connections you could go places." He says still looking at me.

"I'm really happy that you think so but just to let you know I am about 8 week pregnant so if that's a problem I completely understand." I say just ripping off the band aid.

"That would be challenging for sure but nothing we can't handle. I need you to come into the studio tomorrow so I can see what you got." He says smiling this time.

"I'll be there what time?" I ask him

"Same time as today." He gets up and walks to the door.

"If you don't have any questions I'll see you tomorrow!" He exclaimed.

"Thank you." I say walking out the door.

I calmly walk out the building saying bye to Mark on the way out I speed walk to my car and I instantly text Devon.

I left him on read and drove to get food before driving home.

JORDAN'S POV

On my way home I realized that we need some laundry detergent so I make my way to the store.

I walk in and see the store is very different from the ones we have back home so I grab the cart and just start walking. As I'm looking for the laundry detergent I feel the cart bump into something.

"You good?" A short white boy with good hair says.

"Yeah sorry for bumping into you I don't really know my way around here." I say getting a good look at him.

He had on a New York Giants hat with a red jacket and red sweat pants on.

"I'm glad you did because you are absolutely beautiful I love me some melanin." He looks me up and down.

"That was smooth I will give you my number as long as you promise to text me." I hand him my phone.

"I'm Nick by the way." He says smiling at me.

"I'm Jordan." I say getting my phone back.

VENUS'S POV

I sit at home until I check the time and see it's almost time to go with Devon.  I check my closet to see what I was going to wear. I decided this outfit

I do a very simple makeup look before playing my vibe playlist and scrolling on Instagram

30 MINUTES LATER

I see that Devon text me and said that he was outside so I put on lip gloss before walking out.