10

I walk out the house to see Devon leaning on his car with a bouquet of white roses and the door open. I walk up to him and give him a hug.

"You ready?" He ask letting out of the hug

"Yes I am are you?" I ask him.

He nods and gets off the car.

"These are for you." He says handing me the roses.

"I like the white roses they are not too cliche." I say while getting into the car.

He walks around the car and sits down. "I try." He says with a smile.

This man has a smile that could light up a room.

"Do you want AUX or can I play my music?" He ask handing me the AUX cord.

"I'll play but you have to not trash my taste." I say plugging it in.

"Bet let's see what you got." He say pulling off.

Clouded by Brent Faiyaz plays on the speakers.
PLAY THE SONG AT THE TOP FOR BETTER VISUAL!!!

"I gave it all for a fantasy is anybody gone remember me?" He starts sing. He looks at me to continue singing.

"If I go tonight I doubt the world will change I just pray they don't forget my name." I continue.

"Is it game rules I can't loose when it's all said and done will I still be cool?" He joins in.

"Spent like( how much?)  ten thousand (ten thousand), twenty thousand ( twenty thousand), thirty thousand(thirty thousand), forty thousand (forty thousand" !" He does the adlibs for me while I count on my fingers.

"How much imma spend profilin'? She come in and complement my closet." He sings.

"Fuck her on the floor like I don't give a fuck bout it your judgement gets clouded when you're clouded." I sing.

I just met this dude and already feel so connected to him in a way. I like the way he smiles and the way he always smells good.

I want to see where me a Devon can go but it's not just me I'm looking out for anymore. I have a baby on the way and they need to be my top priority. He wants to make me risk it all.

I look out the window and see we are in the city. I look over at the directions and see that we are almost there. He turns down the music and looks at me.

"Tell me one thing that you think I should know about you and I'll do the same." He says getting my attention.

I start to think. "Um I always expect the worst out of everything so when it doesn't turn out the way I wanted it to I'm not disappointed." I say to him

"I have trust issues but they aren't bad I guess." He says stopping at a red light. That's when SWV by summer walker started playing.

We sat in completely silence. The tension in the car was hot. It was like when people are in each other's arms and you feel that feeling and you want to pull away but something is telling you to stay.

He looks at me but then the light turns green so he had to go. As the song changed we pulled into a a parking spot. He walks around the car and opens my door.