Chapter 28

"You should never visit Nepal, my country because if you do you will never want to leave this country." That's what every tourist says.

Xavier's Pov

Zain stepped in the arena and took his fighting stance. I circled him around keeping my hands locked in front of me and observing him closely. Suddenly he launched at me. Typical beginner! I stepped aside making his fists collide with air. He was surprised probably because he thought that I would block his punch. Well, why block when you can simply step aside. He again swiftly move towards me to attack but I lifted my leg and kicked him hard in the stomach. He fell down and his facial muscle twisted comically due to pain.

"That's for looking at Crescent." My wolf said angrily.

"The first lesson, don't attack first if your opponent is more powerful than you. In such a case, you need to provoke your opponent to attack first and simply defend yourself. When your opponent is tired enough, you strike." I said looking at the warriors. "Let's start again."

Zain took his stance again but didn't attack me at all. I guess, he was following my lesson. This time, I attacked first with my right fist. When he came to block it, I swiftly turned around 120 degrees and elbowed him hard in the chest. He stumbled backwards and stared wide eyes at me.

"Second lesson, fighting isn't just about muscle. It is about speed, grace and mind too." People's perspective of power was actually hilarious. They thought having muscle and emotionless face made them powerful. But they were simply wrong or rather stupid. To be powerful, one needs physical strength along with quick thinking. And also one must know how to use emotion to your advantage. Sometimes you need to be angry to scare an opponent and sometimes you need to appear weak just to deceive your enemy. "That's it for today's lesson," I said and gestured Zain to come forward. "Now let's practice. Put your best foot forward."

Zain and I fought for some time. He was good for a beginner level. At the end of the lesson, Zain had too many bruises and was unable to stand up. I decided to send him to the infirmary. Since he was a werewolf, he would heal in no time.

Alec was standing there watching me, an evil smirk plastered on his face. "You're jealous." He said making me scoff. I bet he was jealous of him. Plus, his expression told me he enjoyed the show.

"Let's go meet her after I freshen up."

..............................................................................................

"Princess"

She didn't hear me as she was too busy playing catch with a bunch of kids. She was being chased by two 5-year-old kids. Her beautiful laugh was resonating in the whole place. She came running towards us when she saw us. Her hair was styled in a simple ponytail and some of the loose strands were falling on her face giving her a messy look. She was dressed in a plain red shirt and black pants. Damn, she looked beautiful. How did I get so lucky with her?

"You're late." She pouted and glared at us. We had made a plan to meet at child daycare at exact 4 pm. We were here to do our regular inspection and she was here as our Luna. Now that we were dating, she agreed to fulfil her responsibility as Luna after we requested her, though she hadn't been officially titled yet. She won't be titled until the issue with her brother was sorted out.

Alec and I chucked at her. "No, angel. It's only 3:45 right now." I said. We were eager to meet her and because of that we came 15 minutes early but it turns out she came here earlier than us.

"Oh," She said and bit her lips softly. Immediately I averted my eyes from her lips and looked elsewhere in an attempt to distract myself. It was actually an innocent gesture- the one she did whenever she was embarrassed. However, her so innocent action has caused my brain to fill with not so innocent thoughts. I wanted to be the one to torture her lips, byte it between my teeth and taste it...

"Xander, your eyes are changing colour." Crescent's pointed out. Of course, my eyes were changing colour because my wolf was getting out of control. Alec gave me an amused look, probably enjoying the situation I was in. "What are you thinking?" She asked. Her question made me panic a bit.

"Angel," Alec said pulling her towards him and giving her a tight hug. "I missed you" I heard him speak. Thank god, he came to my rescue.

"Alpha" I heard Jackson's voice making my whole body froze. Alec instantly released Crescent and they both looked horrified. I turned around only to see a fuming Jackson. His eyes were fixed on Crescent, anger visible in them. She seemed scared and my protective came forward. I stood in front of her, blocking her view from Jackson. I growled at him warning him to back off.

His gaze instantly fell down as he spoke: "Kate is waiting at your office."

I was surprised to hear Kate's name. When I sent him as a spy in silver moon pack, I wasn't expecting him to return so soon. "Crescent, go home and beta, follow me," I said and turned around. I knew Jackson would lash on Crescent the minute they reach home because he saw her with us again. That's why I wanted to talk with him and make him understand that Alec and I were good men for his sister.

"No, I am coming with you" Crescent protested.

"Angel, you can't come," Alec stated.

"Why can't I?"

Well, I didn't want to talk with Jackson in front of her and also I had a hunch that whatever Kate had to say was somehow related to her so I didn't want her to be there. "Go home, princess." I ordered this time but when she glared at me, I ended up saying "please".

"I'm coming with you," She said leaving no room for discussion and headed toward the packhouse. We followed her silently. I wonder why she insisted on coming with us. Maybe my glow from earlier made her scared that I would beat Jackson.

When we reached the office, Kate was waiting for us there. His body was decorated with a bruise, eyes swollen and blood was flowing freely from some of his open wounds. Oh my god! What happened to him?

"Kate, what happened to you?" Crescent instantly rushed to him.

"Why haven't you took him to the hospital?" Alec questioned Jackson. "Call the doctor. Now."

"Wait" Kate spoke. He turned towards Crescent and then he said the words that made my blood boil. "You are in danger, Luna."

......................

Late update... because my other book 'The Last Mates' has been published.