𝙭𝙭𝙭𝙞𝙫. 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙞𝙩 𝙖𝙡𝙡

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙔 𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙔 𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍. )
▬▬▬∘◦ ☆ ◦∘▬▬▬

WHEN JAYLENE ROSEWOOD was a child, she wanted nothing more than to grow up. She remembered being a toddler and being surrounded by all these people who were much older than her, having the time of their lives with no sort of rules holding them back from living their lives to the fullest. Their parents couldn't exactly do much about it because as their children grew older, they were the ones in charge of the decision making. And that was all Jaylene wanted. Which was pretty pathetic considering the fact that she only wanted to grow up so that she could choose to stay out just a bit longer to play with friends and eat junk food as dinner instead of a proper meal. Her reasons for wanting to grow up were quite stupid now that she looked back at it.

Day and night, she would constantly envision the day in which she'd be taller than four feet, able to make her own decisions and receive the freedom that a handful of teenagers appeared to have. Not once did she ever think that her teenage years wouldn't be this picture perfect thing, straight out of a movie.

Her teenage years were meant to be perfect. It's what she'd dreamt of since she was younger. She was supposed to stay out late because she'd lost track of time due to how much fun she was having with friends. Instead, whenever she was out late, it was because of how badly the drugs she'd taken that night had messed her up. It was like she wasn't even in control of her own body those nights. She would become a hallow version of herself, one that was unable to do anything besides stare at the slumped body, instantly regretting the decision she'd made that night. But that still wasn't enough to get her to stop using the self-medicating toxins that would allow her to temporarily forget whatever is was she was dealing with at the time.

The toddler version of herself never would've imagined the catastrophic life that awaited her once she approached those long-awaited teenage years that she had been looking forward to. She never would've imagined that one day, she'd be unconscious in her bedroom, body unresponsive with vomit slowly creeping up her throat. And she definitely wouldn't have thought that she would spend six months of her life away at a rehabilitation center, feeling this burden for what she'd done. The freedom she'd been so excited for had been ripped from her grasp because of the stupid decisions she'd so badly anticipated to make.

Jaylene Rosewood got a taste of freedom, and it was so bitter that it nearly killed her in the process.

Now, she'd do anything to go back to being a kid with a huge imagination. The imagination that didn't include the reality of the sick world she was currently stuck living in.

Had you told Jaylene that her summer would involve: getting to know her grandparents, finding out her father cheated on her mother with the maid, discovering that her mother was actually alive, getting told that her stepmother had tried to kill her mother, watching Sherriff Peterkin get shot to death right in front of her, learning that Ward Cameron did in fact kill John Routledge, plus had some part in Marleen's attempted murder, falling for John Booker Routledge, and fleeing the island with John B...yeah, she definitely would've thought you were insane.