𝙭𝙭𝙫𝙞𝙞𝙞. 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙗𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙞𝙚 & 𝙘𝙡𝙮𝙙𝙚

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔 𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔 𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏. )
▬▬▬∘◦ ☆ ◦∘▬▬▬

IT FELT LIKE TIME had completely stopped in that instant. The whole situation felt like a nightmare that Jaylene desperately wanted to wake up from as her frozen body stood there in complete shock, mouth widened as she tried to process what had just happened. All she could hear was the ringing in her ears as her eyes remained focused on Sheriff Peterkin.

There she was, lying on the ground, hand pressed against the gunshot wound as she tried to slow the bleeding. She knew she was as good as dead, but that didn't stop her from trying to do something about it.

"No." Jaylene's voice came out in a whisper as she watched Susan Peterkin begin to choke on her own saliva from the level of shock her body was going through. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" She shouted at the oldest Cameron sibling once she'd finally gained some sort of composure back.

There were hot tears falling from her eyes as her free hand clutched onto Sarah's, trying her hardest to consult the sobbing girl, but it was difficult when she was equally as unstable from the events that had just occurred. Jaylene was terrified to make any sudden move because she was certain that Rafe would shoot her dead if she budged in the slightest, so she stayed still.

But that wasn't the case for John B. Instead of standing back, he quickly loosened his grip from Jaylene's waist, not wasting any time to rush towards the sheriff as she got closer and closer to death with every second that passed.

"Hey. Hey. Hold still. Hold still." John B spoke in a hushed tone as his knees scraped against the blacktop so that he could search for the gunshot wound. "It's okay. Where is it?" He questioned, searching for it until he finally found it. Quickly, he removed the bandana from around his neck, using it to try and slow the bleeding, but it was practically useless since the blood seeped through it immediately.

Jaylene noticed how much he was struggling, so she let go of Sarah's hand before dropping down to her knees as well. She gently pushed John B's hands away as she took charge, pressing the bandana against the wound as tears cascaded down her face. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." She apologized, knowing that the weight of her hands on top of the flesh was making the pain intolerable, but she didn't want the sheriff to die.

"Call!" Sherrif Peterkin managed to say through her staggered breath, referring the small radio placed near the pocket of her shirt. "Call for help."

"Hurry." Jaylene looked over at John B as she sunk her teeth into her bottom lip, hoping that it would be enough to stop the tears from falling, but it wasn't. She felt completely useless in that situation and absolutely hated that she couldn't do anything else to help Sheriff Peterkin.