𝙭𝙫. 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙤𝙨𝙚𝙬𝙤𝙤𝙙𝙨

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙄𝙁𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙄𝙁𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉. )
▬▬▬∘◦ ☆ ◦∘▬▬▬

JAYLENE ROSEWOOD often thought about how different her life could've been if she hadn't made particular decisions. The thought of it all always left her up at night, thinking for hours without any desire to fall asleep. It chewed at her brain, making her anxious to the point where she thought she was gonna go completely insane. Knowing that a single action she made resulted in a major outcome was absolutely mind blowing to her.

It was crazy to think that if she hadn't been sitting out that day, tanning on the dock by her home, she would've never associated herself with John B. In that moment, she wouldn't be smiling like an idiot, heart loudly pounding against her chest as she walked back towards everyone else, her eyes scanning the crowd in search of Sarah Cameron.

The state of euphoria she was in distracted her from her task, causing her heart to nearly pop out of her chest when a strong grip pulled her to the side, stopping her before she could reach the ongoing celebration going on a few feet away from her. It was extremely sudden, resulting in her breath hitching in her throat as she looked up to face Jason Smith.

His stare intimidated her. The way his eyebrows were harshly knit together with his lips pursed into a thin line as he held her in his grasp, creating crimson colored marks on her porcelain skin. His brown eyes were no longer soft like she remembered. They were colder than the Arctic Ocean as they shot sharpened daggers at the petrified girl.

The anxiety she felt as he tightly held her with a strong grip was through the roof. Jaylene felt vulnerable as she winced in pain, managing to part her lips to speak. "Jason, your grip's a little tight there, buddy." She motioned towards the hand marks that were slowly beginning to form on her upper arms.

He quickly realized what she meant, causing him to let go of her as he glanced towards the spot where Jaylene had previously been stood at with John B. Jason had seen everything that went down between the two. From the short conversation they had all the way to the wholesome hug they shared before locking their lips together. And he was angry. Extremely angry with both participating parties. The thought of John's face caused him to ball his hands up into fists, imagining what it would feel like to beat the living crap out of the Routledge boy.

"Who were you with?" He tucked his hands into the pockets of the dress pants he wore. His tone was harsh and demanding, letting Jaylene know that he wasn't playing around.

"A friend." Jaylene replied, grazing her finger across her lips in hopes of allowing the swelling to go down.

"A friend, huh? What—what friend would that be?" Jason wanted her to admit who she'd been with, but the girl was determined to continue lying about her whereabouts for as long as she possibly could.

A scoff ran past Jaylene's lips as she gave him a look. She realized that he was only trying to create another pointless argument. Typical Jason. She thought to herself. "I'm not doing this, Jason. I've already tried to make amends with you and it's about time that you realize that I don't owe you an explanation to what I choose to do with my life." She tried to walk past him, but he managed to grab a hold of her again.