𝙫𝙞. 𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙡𝙚𝙙𝙜𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙨𝙨

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙄𝙓

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙄𝙓. )
▬▬▬∘◦ ☆ ◦∘▬▬▬

JAYLENE STOOD in front of the sheriffs station, looking rather different compared to everyone else wandering the streets in the cut. Just the way she was dressed gave away the fact that she certainly didn't belong there. Not to mention the obvious fact that everyone knew who her mother was, therefore, they knew exactly who she was.

She was the black sheep in the crowd, her attire making it clear that she was a kook. That only made her not wanna step foot into the sheriffs station. It wasn't a place that people from figure eight often found themselves at. They were used to getting away with just about everything. No blame was ever placed on them. That was the biggest perk that came with the luxurious life that she lived. Money was always able to help bury the brutal truth.

"Jaylene!" A voice called out, snapping her out of her thoughts immediately. Jaylene recognized the voice, a smile formed on her face at the sight of Kiara Carrera, she was a kook, but usually identified as a pogue. Despite attending the same school and being lab partners in chemistry last year, they'd never connected to the point where they would consider themselves to be friends. But there was no bad blood between the two.

"Kie, hey!" Jaylene walked towards the curly-haired girl, flashing the girls father a polite smile as well. "What's up? I just came to help John B. out with a favor. He didn't really go into the details, but something tells me that I should be worried. Should I?"

"Kiara!" Mike Carrera shouted from inside of the truck, clearly upset that his daughter had gotten herself involved with the cops. He always hated the fact that she hung around pogues instead of kooks. In his opinion, she was throwing her life down the drain.

"Give me a minute!" She shouted back, reaching into her pocket to retrieve the lucky compass that nearly got the crew killed by two men who were after it. "He's probably gonna kill me for letting you get your hands on this, but can you give this to John B.? Just make sure that no one in there sees you with it. They're all going nuts over it for some reason and no one can know that he has it." Kiara hesitantly handed the girl the valuable item.

Jaylene closely examined the compass that was now in her grasp, recognizing it in an instant. It belonged to John Routledge. She knew because a few years after her mother died, he'd taken her and her brother out fishing. Along the way, he'd shown them the compass that was now placed in the palm of her hand. "Holy shit. Last time I saw that was six years ago. How'd you guys get this? Big John never went anywhere without it and he supposedly disappeared at sea nine months ago. He must've taken it with him." She was shocked, yet slightly confused as to what it meant.

"Wait, you knew him? How?" Kiara questioned, intrigued with the snippets of Jaylene's childhood that involved John Routledge.