𝙭𝙭𝙞𝙞𝙞. 𝙣𝙤𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮'𝙨 𝙨𝙖𝙛𝙚

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔 𝙏𝙃𝙍𝙀𝙀

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔 𝙏𝙃𝙍𝙀𝙀. )
▬▬▬∘◦ ☆ ◦∘▬▬▬

THE WHITE SLIP ON VANS that belonged to Jaylene Rosewood came in contact with the sidewalk as she stepped out of the car, looking up at the yellow pawn shop sign. It wasn't how she thought her day would go, but it was either pawning off the gold, or having to deal with the chaotic mess going on in her family. And she much rather preferred listening to Kiara and JJ argue over the terrible melting job that had been done on the three bars of gold.

However, just as their argument was beginning to get even more hilarious, John B. quickly cut in before his two friends could continue clawing at each others throats. "Hey, chill out." He gently pushed the two away from one another, giving them both stern looks as they glared at each other. It was like watching children argue.

JJ scoffed in response, unwrapping the cloth that had been placed around the gold. "Easy for you to say. You're not the one that has to pawn this piece of shit off." He revealed the funny looking chunk of melted gold. "How did I get this job anyway?" He questioned, heading in the direction of the pawn shop as everyone followed close behind him.

"Cause you're the best liar." Pope replied in a cheery tone, finding the entire situation extremely entertaining.

Jaylene let out a quiet laugh as she walked alongside John B. as the two went towards the door. "Are they always like that?" She curiously questioned, furrowing her eyebrows at him.

"Yeah, actually. Welcome to my world, Rosewood." He chuckled, holding the door open to allow Jaylene to step into the pawn shop.

"It's still ten times better than mine, Routledge." She mocked his words, giving him one last glance before stepping into the pawn shop.

Her eyes scanned her surroundings, nose scrunched up at how small the shop was, but she kept her thoughts to herself as she turned towards the cashier who was stood behind the counter, suspiciously eyeing all of the teenagers. It caused a nervous smile to form on her face as she turned to look at JJ, who plopped the chunk of gold down on the counter.

The older woman loudly chuckled, shaking her head in disbelief as she stared at the gold. "That ain't real."

JJ looked offended as he pushed the gold towards her, a mischievous smile ghosting over his lips. "That ain't real?"

"It can't be." The woman laughed, examining the gold from where she stood.

Jaylene listened closely to the conversation as her eyes wandered all around. And when JJ began to piece together a sob story, she chuckled quietly to herself, looking upwards towards him with her brows raised.

"Give me a minute." The woman behind the counter nodded at him, not believing his story in the slightest, but she walked towards the room with a curtain draped across the doorway, leaving the teenagers alone.