𝙫. 𝙝𝙞𝙙𝙙𝙚𝙣 𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙩𝙝

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙄𝙑𝙀

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙄𝙑𝙀. )
▬▬▬∘◦ ☆ ◦∘▬▬▬

WHEN MARLEEN HARRINGTON was pronounced dead due to a supposed overdose on oxycodone, people on figure eight immediately blamed it on the sole fact that the blonde-haired woman was destined to have her life go down the gutter considering the fact that she had grown up on the less fortunate side of the island, thus making her a pogue. It was an absurd stereotype that had been created by the wealthier people on the island. From the second she stepped foot onto the luxurious land, people talked. They couldn't comprehend what it was that Henderson Rosewood saw in her.

She was seventeen when she first met Henderson Rosewood. Nineteen when she found out she was pregnant with Jaylene. Twenty when she gave birth to their first born child. Nearly Twenty one when her second child was conceived. Twenty one when Nathaniel was born. And twenty five when she was pronounced dead.

Seeing that Jaylene was extremely young when her mother passed, she was only able to see her in pictures. Memories of her were a blur, making it difficult for her to remember the type of woman that Marleen Harrington was. But one thing's certain. The woman adored both her children. She'd do anything for them.

Which was why Jaylene found it hard to believe that Marleen had been doing hardcore drugs in her final days. The blonde-haired woman always made sure to take the anti-depressants which had been prescribed to her. Jaylene and Nathaniel had brightened up her world the second they took their first breaths. If there was one thing she cared deeply for, it was family. Family meant everything to her.

People on the south side always spoke so fondly about her. She was even compared to an angel sometimes. Just like her daughter, she always managed to place a smile on others faces in times of tragedy. Even when she moved to figure eight, she remained that humble woman that everyone on the cut knew her as. Money never got to define her as a person. She wouldn't allow it.

"Hey! Is there a possibility that you kept some of mom's personal belongings?" Jaylene walked into the kitchen, her sudden presence causing her father to jump in surprise, nearly dropping the coffee mug in his grasp.

"Jaylene, I'm almost forty now. I'm more prone to heart attacks." He dramatically placed a hand over his pounding heart, earning an eye roll in return. "What's with the sudden urge to know about her? You never cared for her before."

Jaylene shrugged, walking towards the coffee machine placed a few feet away from her. "I realized that I hardly know anything about the woman who brought me into this world. I mean, I was only four when she died. I never really got to know her as a person..." She trailed off, some sort of truth pigmented in the words that left her mouth. "People on this side of the island always speak so negatively about her, but she's spoken so fondly of on the southside. Look, if you feel like it's best to rip any knowledge on my biological mother away from me, fine. But that's really messed up."