𝙭𝙞𝙭. 𝙡𝙞𝙚

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙀𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙀𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉. )
▬▬▬∘◦ ☆ ◦∘▬▬▬

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?" Jaylene finally spoke after a minute of silence. Her entire body had gone numb and the amount of betrayal she felt was evident due to the voice crack that came with the words that left her mouth.

Florence wore a guilty look on her face as she loudly swallowed the lump in her throat, placing a hand on Jaylene's shoulder, but the sixteen year old shoved it off, indicating that any respect she held for her grandmother had now vanished. "I should've told you the day you first came to visit, but I just—"

"Florence, stop." Mark stepped into the room before his wife could continue speaking, causing Jaylene to look towards her grandfather.

Florence nervously shook her head, sinking her teeth into her bottom lip before running her hand through her dark hair as she looked towards Jaylene, who didn't have any sort of clue as to what her grandmother meant when she said that the autopsy report never existed. It could only mean two things. "She deserves to know what actually happened." She begins, taking in a deep breath before she starts speaking again. "We haven't been entirely honest with you—"

Mark quickly interrupted his wife before she could let out another word, knowing that this wouldn't do anyone any good. "Jaylene, go home."

"No. Don't do that. Don't try and push me away." Jaylene shook her head, no longer wanting to have to put up with people lying to her whenever they pleased. She didn't want to be treated like a naive girl. "Tell me what actually happened on November 15, 2007. When my dad took Nate and I out on the yacht."

"You three weren't the only ones on that yacht that day. You read Marleen's journals, so you should know that she made the decision to leave your father. Which is why she asked John Routledge to arrange that yacht trip that day. She needed him to keep you guys away from home for as long as he could so that Marleen could use that time to pack three suitcases without Henderson questioning her." Florence informed her granddaughter, watching a surprised look form on younger girls face at all the missing pieces of the puzzle she had just discovered. "She had a plan. A plan to flee the island with both of you, but it ended up backfiring."

Mark finally gave in, knowing that there was no use in keeping the girl in the dark. Marleen was her mother, and she deserved to know the truth behind everything, so he decided to continue the story. "Your father doesn't know what actually happened to her either. He thinks that she died of an overdose too, but that's not true."

"Then how'd she die?" Jaylene questioned, unsure as to where this story was leading, but she needed to know. She needed the truth.

"That's the thing. She didn't." Florence replied with a shrug, guilt lingered in her tone.

Jaylene felt her heart speed up as shock overtook her body. "But you said that Lorelei found her. You told me that she called you to inform you that my mom had died."