Chapter 9.

The days went on and it was becoming the most horrifying month in Metro City. As promised, Tighten showed that Megamind was alive but would hurt him whenever he was on. But Megamind was kept alive and the ex-villain was being very strong. The kids couldn't watch TV as it was too graphic and it was what Megamind requested during one of the broadcasts before Tighten played a terrifying game of Russian Roulette. To Tighten and Megamind it was an unloaded gun but to Metro City there were bullets in it and Megamind just got lucky. But despite the torture on and off the screen, Megamind stood strong and kept a straight face although he knew he was running out of time. Sometimes Megamind even lost what time of day it was or what day of the week it was. He was living a nightmare.

"You're still not breaking? I'm impressed." Tighten said during one of Megaminds torture sessions. Today was breaking some bones. It was a game Tighten thought of. Basically if Megamind spoke or even made a sound of pain, a useful bone was broken. Tighten took advantage of it as the blue alien could heal at an extremely fast rate. The more Tighten antagonized Megamind, the more the ex-villain was forced to bite his tongue so he only gave death glares and poker faces. The longest Megamind lasted was three hours. He was praying he could break that record so Tighten would be bored and just put him back in his cell so he could sleep. He was thankful if he even got three hours of rest as Tighten would deprive him of sleep.

After a few hours, Tighten was getting very impatient. "Come on. It's been five hours. Say something already!" Tighten said. Megamind kept his mouth shut. This pissed off Tighten even more than he already was. He then had an idea. "Perhaps Roxy can take your place and I can let you go. I think I might have a better time with her..." Megaminds eyes widened. He wouldn't dare. He glared at Tighten, who grinned a sinister smile. "Did I hit a nerve?" he taunted. Megamind clenched his fists tightly. "Keep it together, Megamind...." the ex-villain reminded himself within his mind. Tighten them grabbed Megamind by the neck. Thankfully it wasn't a chokehold this time. "Either you talk or Roxy will be brought here." Tighten's threat sent chills down Megaminds spine. From the look in his eyes, Megamind knew Tighten wasn't bluffing. Megamind swallowed his pride and finally spoke. "Alright. You win. Just don't make her suffer like I am. Please." Megamind wasn't one to plead for mercy but he was desperate and did not want Roxanne tortured. Being kidnapped was something she was used to. The torture? She wouldn't last a day. Although it got Megamind thrown into a wall, it was worth it. Roxanne was safe.

Roxanne finished up all her training and got into the robot Megamind first fought Tighten in. It wouldn't last long but it would buy the police time to find Megamind and get the defender of Metro City away from Tighten. That was the plan the police department and Megaminds friends came up with. The rest they would have to improvise, which was something they didn't want to do but it was all they had. As time went on, a man around Megamind's age applied as a cop and was hired as a police detective. He began helping with ideas and even chipped in with some good ones too. Roxanne, Minion, and Music Man didn't ask his name as they would get distracted by something when they were about to ask. To Roxanne and Music Man he was a new person but to Minion the detective looked quite familiar. After a day of finalizing the plan, Minion went to the detective and asked the man his name. The detective gave a familiar smile and said "Yin Shorts."